Losing weight for the first time in my life

Options
I started in February at 185 and this morning I'm 175! I know 10 lbs doesn't seem like much, but this is the first time in my life that I've lost weight. I'm so excited that I just had to share with someone. I'm not telling my family or friends, because in January when I told one family member about trying to lose weight she laughed and said, "Well good luck with that." Then she offered me a piece of cake. I'm determined to prove her and everyone else wrong, but mostly I am doing this for me.

My calorie goal is 1,430 a day. I try to walk and do some work out DVDs 4 days a week. I can see the biggest change in my waist and arms. My short term goal is to lose 35 lbs and after I reach that goal I will re-evaluate.

d5m1zblo6p48.jpg

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss, well done!
  • dedycus
    dedycus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • happyracer2002
    happyracer2002 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep it up... You can do it.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There is a definite difference there - keep up the great work
  • horsphreak
    horsphreak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome. I'm down a little over 8 lb and it feels great.
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Go for it.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look great!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome start! Keep at it girl.
  • tatersalad80
    tatersalad80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great! And you were also blessed with a beautiful face!
  • Jakiracki
    Jakiracki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling :neutral: your doing great! :smile:
  • poteatkd
    poteatkd Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Sending friend request for supporting one another. We have 2 things in common:

Our body comps are almost identical.

When I told a close family member I was going to lose weight, they had the same reaction.

And I'm going to say it again...

Awesome job!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nice one! You can really see results in your arms and your tummy :) Keep it up!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You're doing ever so well.

I wish I'd had MFP and it's amazing support community for my first, second etc attempts as there would never been a second or third attempt etc! If you know what I'm trying to say!
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You're definitely losing weight the healthy way! I can tell you're stronger, too!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Great job! Losing that first 10 pounds motivated me a lot too, it was the first time I felt like "ok, I can really do this!" I started at 185 at the beginning of 2012 and I got down to 120 by 2014...gained some of it back so I'm here again but hey, I did it once so I know I can do it again!
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well!!! You can really tell in your pictures that you have lost weight. Keep it to yourself and then flaunt it when you get to your goal weight!!! x
  • firstlay_d
    firstlay_d Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. . You look great at both weights.. I would love to be 185. Lol.. keep up the good work
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing so well. I can really see the difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!