Slim Fast Optima-Starting today

Options
Hey All~

So i decided to start the slim fast optima.. maybe not to live off of it but give it a try. I had one for breakfast and am not sure if i want one for lunch. we will see how full it keeps me.

has anyone ever done slimfast before? can you eat snacks throughout the day? any advise, horror stories etc.. would be great.

thanks
Rissa:smile:

Replies

• rissa1322
    Options
    Hey All~

So i decided to start the slim fast optima.. maybe not to live off of it but give it a try. I had one for breakfast and am not sure if i want one for lunch. we will see how full it keeps me.

has anyone ever done slimfast before? can you eat snacks throughout the day? any advise, horror stories etc.. would be great.

thanks
    Rissa:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I only say this. Be wary of liquid diets, make sure you have enough solid food. Liquid diets can play havoc with your organs if not done correctly. With that being said. Best of luck with it, I hope it turns out very well for you.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm doing Slimfast right now...
    I'm not gonna lie, to get through lunch with just a shake is rough!! What I have done is made 1/2 a sandwich (High fiber bread, low fat cheese and ham, only mustard) and that helps ward off the hunger. But the stuff works. You just have to be committed!
    Oh, and I usually have 3 snacks a day, fruit in between breakfast and lunch, yogurt between lunch and dinner and maybe something before I work out, or if I need a chocolate fix after dinner, I have a Fiber One bar or a Slim Fast Peanut Butter Nougat.
    Good Luck!!!
    ~Adri
  • rissa1322
    Options
    So i was thinking of doing it like this

shake
    piece of fruit for snack
    shake (maybe something small food wise too)
    some sort of 100 cal snack or cheese stick or something
    dinner

i work out too so i have to watch out
    i just dont want to eat too much cause i know those are supplements and my mom was way underweight when i was younger and she couldnt gain weight for the life of her(wish i had her genes) so she would drink these and eat regular for more cals.. so i dont want to accidentally gain weight

what kind of results are you seeing? pound and time wise?
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Optima for two weeks now. I just have one for breakfast and then a banana or yogurt a few hours later. I try not to go too long with out a little something. Then I have a small lunch Later I have a small snack and a few hours later, dinner. Eating fairly small snacks throughout the day seems to be working for me very well. I just started my third week today and Ive already lost 10 lbs!!!

Oh and the Strawberries and Cream is my Favorite!!! Cappuccino Delight is a close second. Good luck!:happy:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love Slim Fast but I couldn't commit to only it. I need to chew food and I also got bored with having the same things twice a day. I have a Slim Fast occasionally just because they taste good and it's quick when you are on the go. I like to blend mine with ice in the blender, tastes like a chocolate (or whatever flavor) shake. Be wary though, I find with some flavors (strawberry particular) I get major gas. Gross but true.
  • raidersgirl
    Options
    i haven't comitted to slim fast itself but i do have one shake a day. With a shake and a speciall k bar i can last almost until lunch time without a snack. I've only been doing this for a week so i really haven't seen any difference yet, but i've also had a few bad days too. My fav is milk chocolate and i think the worst is french vanilla.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a Slim-Fast (or Wally World substitute) shake for breakfast with my coffee and usually a banana. Around 10:30, I have a granola bar. For lunch I usually have a Lean Cuisine or Health Choice meal with another piece of fruit and then another granola bar snack in the afternoon. As long as I have reasonable portions and don't eat anything too salty for supper, I continue to lose on this plan.
  • SEHines
    Options
    I've had the slimfast for lunch everyday for two weeks, a yogurt for breakfast, 2 hour work out, then a smoothie from the smoothie king (the shredder) it's on the slim and trim menu, slimfast for lunch, snack at 3 and dinner at 6. Found this website 3 weeks ago but I haven't weighed yet since starting. I know my clothes are looser. I even added the slimfast to the food listing so others could use it. I'm anxious to weigh in with my trainer this Friday. I'll let u know if it has helped.
    Good Luck
  • rissa1322
    Options
    I have a Slim-Fast (or Wally World substitute) shake for breakfast with my coffee and usually a banana. Around 10:30, I have a granola bar. For lunch I usually have a Lean Cuisine or Health Choice meal with another piece of fruit and then another granola bar snack in the afternoon. As long as I have reasonable portions and don't eat anything too salty for supper, I continue to lose on this plan.
    [/quote

That is what i was thinking of doing.. the shake for breakfast and lean cusine for lunch.. its just like everyone said.. hard to not have real food....

thanks for all the support.. lets keep checking in with eachother