Sluggish Day Help

Options
Whats your guys advice for a day you just feel sluggish, jelloy, and tired. Feel this way even after caffeine, 12hrs of sleep, workout, and protein shake.

Replies

• TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    how much sugar are you getting in your diet? i have read if you get too much sugar in your diet you go through the crash period?
  • geckoseven
    geckoseven Posts: 32
    Options
    Not really much, only my coffee creamer, and table spoon of honey in my protein shakes.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Honestly, I had a day like that today. I made my weak old butt get up and do my exercises anyway - and then made myself do some extra for even thinking about slacking - it was my punishment :laugh:
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    hmmm ok...lets see what else could cause it...are you eating enough? p90x is hard work gotta make sure you fuel your body...are you sure you are getting enough rest? thats when your body heals itself..are you eating to many carbs? all these can cause you to feel tired and weak..just some possiblities
  • geckoseven
    Options
    Yesterday was a relax day because i worked 16 hours the day before and I drank a whole green machine and a huge blueberry muffin so my sugar and carbs where both actually high for not working out that day. Crashing the day after even though I slept like 8 hours than another 8?
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    i meant to say are you eating enough good carbs not too many carbs...good carbs gives you energy
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Are you takeing a good multivitamin,watching sugar and carbs that make you crash? I also take b12 to for energy.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all... I am going through it today myself... I just push through it.. if I am sore and just "jello-y" I just do a lighter shorter workout :P
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I get this way when I'm not eating enough (good) carbs or protein. Make sure your nutrition is in check -- our bodies need primo fuel when we're kicking our own butts every day!
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    ya foods with refined sugar or carbs will make you sluggish...good carbs fruits and veggies will give you more energy...try eating a bowl of oat meal with some berries in the morning with a protein shake for breakfast..for snack eat u a peice of fruit and some unsalted nuts...for lunch eat you a yummy chicken salad with lots of veggies..for your next snack try eating a apple...dinner try eating a juicy lean steak with some broccoli..bet you will have good energy all day
  • geckoseven
    Options
    Yesterday ate about 100 carbs to much and same for sugar, today's low. Probably the good carbs part, think I will go eat some cheerios LOL
  • geckoseven
    Options
    Wow a whole meal plan tammy lol, busy being awesome again XD
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    ya if i feel sluggish like that i usually mix my good carbs with some protein ;)
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I felt like that this morning too. I really pushed myself to get to the gym but I am glad I did.
    I also realized I didn't take my vitamin yesterday. I took it today and started feeling better.
  • geckoseven
    Options
    I take some great multi-vitamins, Anavite :D
  • TAMMY_76
    Options
    I get this way when I'm not eating enough (good) carbs or protein. Make sure your nutrition is in check -- our bodies need primo fuel when we're kicking our own butts every day!
    very good advise
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a kind of demanding schedule. There are lots of things that can cause a person to have an off day. Perhaps you really are tired!
  • geckoseven
    Options
    Some times the night shifts just seem to throw everything off. /sigh