Girls over 200

Options
Hi I currently weight 260lb...(I know yickes) and im looking for some motivations or success stories from women I can relate to. Also I would like to know how long did it take you to get to your goal weight if you have?

Replies

• kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started in September at 222lbs. I have lost 35 so far. So around 6 months at about 6lbs a month. Could have done better but had some days where I simply didn't care. I think those days happen to even the most desiplined from time to time. My goal weight is about 160-150. As long as the trend is downward I'm good. Would love to be maintaining by September though if possible. Good luck on your goals you can definitely do this. Take it one day at a time. Don't set yourself up with unrealistic expectations is my advice. Plan your meals in advanced.
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started around 8 weeks ago at 246lbs, and I've lost 28lbs (2 stone) so far. I hope to get down to 140lbs!! Although it'll take more to lose to see physical differences when I look in the mirror, I feel better than I did before such as being able to work better and not feeling tired all the time. Good luck!!
  • MrsLMKing
    MrsLMKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and 230. You are not alone! Hey, we didn't get to this point in a day or two, so we won't lose it -- or ruin it -- in a short time, either. My first goal is to get below 200 (even if it's 199!). Then, I want to get to 180. I actually liked how I looked and felt at 180, even though I was overweight at the time. My end goal is 160 or 165.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm 228! I've been hovering between 210 and 220 for a couple of years, and last fall my weight ballooned up to 234, the heaviest in my life. I just started my journey two and a half weeks ago, and I've lost 6 pounds :)
  • chupajen
    chupajen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was around 255 260 when I started back in 2011. With calorie counting and exercise, i got down to 175 by sept of 2012. It was an amazing transformation, and once I got into the swing of things, it was really pretty easy. To be honest, I never did hit my goal weight. I got pregnant (thanks to the weight loss) and side tracked since then. Just got back in the game this past January, and working back towards my original goal. Goodluck on your journey.
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all on the great progress.
    I'm 220, fluctuating between 185 to 220 the past 3 years.
    What is working for you guys?
  • MaureenDarst1
    MaureenDarst1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I currently weight 260lb...(I know yickes) and im looking for some motivations or success stories from women I can relate to. Also I would like to know how long did it take you to get to your goal weight if you have?

i started 3 weeks ago at 250 have lost 8 pounds so far the biggest changer was obviously started to exercise when i never did and try to drink more water less soda and avoid bread and potatoes when can and eat more veggies
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started @ a weight of 326 and I'm 258 now. It's taken me about 10 months but that's with me taking it slow and not worrying too much over the speed that I'm losing weight. For me it's the slow and steady horse that will win the race because I know if I get in too much of a rush I'll get frustrated and that's no fun. lol
  • shannonpinkneysp
    shannonpinkneysp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started out last year at 247 (my highest ever) and got down to 207 by October. But I totally got lazy and stopped exercising for a few months so now I got back up to 229. Now I'm back on track and have lost 6 lbs since I've refocused.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey! I started in January at 285. This is the first time I've tried to get healthy and focused heavily on exercise. I was 255 this morning so 30 pounds in about 8 weeks :). Happy to have friends!
  • Kellyh01
    Kellyh01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    About 5 years ago I started at 200 and got down to 145. I got tired of "dieting" and gained it all back plus 40 more. I'm starting again. I weigh 241 now. My first goal is 199.9. Next goal is 160. I'll see at that point what I feel like. Glad to find some company!
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    A questions for folks who've done it before: does everyone plateau? If so, when should I expect the plateau to hit?
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    In April of 2012 I started at 238 and lost 50 lbs in the next 6 months. Like someone else above I never actually got to my goal weight. I had some medical stuff and then I got pregnant and it took a while to make it back with an infant that seemed to never sleep and post pardum, Etc. I just started back about 3 weeks ago and am down 10 lbs so far. The first few are easy though. I did the couch to 5k program last time and am starting that over as well. It just takes patience!
  • DawnArchieandJacksmummy
    Options
    Hi my start weight was 280 :s , 2 weeks ago, current weight is 274, lost 6lbs so far! :) I've been as heavy as 285 in the past and have tried slimming world, weight watchers etc. Seems to be calorie counting works best for me, my ideal weight would be 140lbs so I literally want to lose half of me!! Would love to get to know more people who are battling with the same numbers :-) Dawn xx
  • ashkoz
    ashkoz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Last Thursday was the day I decided I need to change not only to lose weight, but forever. I am currently 228 lbs and working on changing the ways I eat, and feel about food. I would love to have friends on this app that motivate me!! I have always been bigger then my friends, I struggled my whole life. My goal is to get to 180, and from there possibly 160. Iv never weighed less than that as an adult. I want to be healthy, I want to have more energy, I want my 7 year old daughter to be proud and not ashamed. Please add me, I can use all the help I can get!!
  • Sayanmode2016
    Sayanmode2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your inspirational comments it feels so good to know theres people out there fighting the same battle you are. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey and for the ones who already made it to their goal I applaud your success <3
  • angfirst
    angfirst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started back at the beginning of December, and have lost nearly 60 pounds since then. My starting weight was 283, and my current weight is about 225.

Right now, my goal is to lose 10 pounds a month until I get to 175 (so for the next 5 months), after which point I will be happy with a 5 pound a month loss until I get to my goal (for now) weight of 141.5. However, I am not stuck to that number (it literally was set based on "wouldn't it be cool to lose half my weight"), so if I look/feel/am content at a higher weight, then so be it.

Best of luck! Before I began, I didn't think I was as strong as I have learned I am over the past several months. If I can do it, you can do it!

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I started in the fall of 2012 at 212lbs.
    It took me a while but by summer 2014 I was down to 150lbs. I maintained that until spring 2015 when I found out I was pregnant. Gained 50lbs when pregnant and was back to 204lbs. Little one is now 6 months old and I am down to 160lbs again.

You can do this!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've lost 143lbs here so far but am still in the 200s and would love more friends in their 200s to keep me company along the way.
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I began in June at 215 pounds, but I lost 15 before joining MFP. I was 200 at the beginning of December, and thanks to this app, I've lost 25 pounds since then! My current goal is 125, though I would be glad to do more or less if I just like how I look eventually.

You can do what you set your mind to do! Good luck!