How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
murlandpierre2016
murlandpierre2016 Posts: 42 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Some people on MFP weigh themselves every 2-3days.
I do it every Tuesday but I think I might change it to every 2 days just to monitor my progress/failures.

How often do you weigh yourself? How does it help throughout your journey?

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Every day. I feel like it keeps me accountable and I like to see the trends. I log it in mfp once a week.
  • krismall
    krismall Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I weigh every day as well. Right after I get up and use the bathroom. In minimal clothing, I might add. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Every weekday morning (I'm up too early on the weekends to bother with it). If you're going to do it more often, just be aware that fluctuations up and down WILL happen. There are many apps out there that will let you see the trend outside of the fluctuations.
  • montez3022
    montez3022 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do it every 2 days, I be hoping good would happen and if I see something I don't like on the scale it push me harder
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    TooShortForThisWeight Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Every day. I do not get discouraged though. Some people cannot deal with the ups and downs. If I know nothing has changed the day before and such, yet I am up...I probably did not drink enough water so I drink more the next day. Or if I ate like crap, I see what it it did to me, so lessen learn.

I keep track on a weight monitoring app on phone, only log weight loss here on Friday's
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    Every day. I feel like it keeps me accountable and I like to see the trends. I log it in mfp once a week.

Hmm good idea. Thank you!
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    krismall wrote: »
    I weigh every day as well. Right after I get up and use the bathroom. In minimal clothing, I might add. :)

Lol you're not the only one, omg!
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    montez3022 wrote: »
    I do it every 2 days, I be hoping good would happen and if I see something I don't like on the scale it push me harder

My thought exactly, thanks!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Before I hit my gw I weighed myself every day. It kept me motivated.
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Every weekday morning (I'm up too early on the weekends to bother with it). If you're going to do it more often, just be aware that fluctuations up and down WILL happen. There are many apps out there that will let you see the trend outside of the fluctuations.

When I started I used to weigh myself every day but changed it to once a week. I might do it every 2 days.
    Thanks!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I weigh everyday and use Trendweight (or Libra app is good too), so I can see the trends. as long as the trend is headed down, the daily fluctuations don't get me riled up
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    Every day. I do not get discouraged though. Some people cannot deal with the ups and downs. If I know nothing has changed the day before and such, yet I am up...I probably did not drink enough water so I drink more the next day. Or if I ate like crap, I see what it it did to me, so lessen learn

Your profile name just made my night! I love it
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    Before I hit my gw I weighed myself every day. It kept me motivated.

Looking good!
    Great job!
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Once a week. After the morning "routine", before I get dressed and before breakfast. My weight fluctuates every day and all I really care about is, "Have I lost any weight this week"?
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as well. It's important to notice the fluctuations and trends which also helps me rely on other forms of measurement(loss of inches, lose fitting clothes, looking and feeling better ) or other nsv. Now I can pretty much expect a higher weight after certain meals, menstruation, or a heavy lifting day. Understanding my body has made a significant difference in my weightloss approach.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I go to the bathroom. I've noticed a trend in how I lose weight this way. During a period of about four days, I'll lose anywhere from 1-4 lbs. The next four days, my weight kind of stalls and on the last day, I lose usually 1-2 lbs. I've also noticed my weight is like a tide, sometimes I've gained a pound only to find the next day that I've actually lost 2 lbs. It doesn't discourage me to weigh myself everyday because I have a better sense of how I personally lose.
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options

hahaha thanks! Being under 5ft sucks

• JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I weigh every 3-4 days but try to only log it once per week.
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options

hahaha thanks! Being under 5ft sucks

Tell me about it...5'1 over here. It has its advantages though.
  • murlandpierre2016
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday and use Trendweight (or Libra app is good too), so I can see the trends. as long as the trend is headed down, the daily fluctuations don't get me riled up

I just added Trendweigh. I will be weighing myself every 2 days.