1 Year Fitiversary! 76lbs Lost and So Much More Gained!!!

Options
One year ago, I started this insane, challenging, amazing journey towards weight loss and fitness. I’m so glad I did.

zj7cc706d5j7.jpg
3/27/2015 (a couple days after starting) & 3/18/2016

My whole life, I’ve been overweight/obese. It was just the way things were. I never really thought I could be anything else because almost everyone in my family is – it was in my genes, right? I’m sure many of you know what I’m saying. Even though I generally accepted it, I was miserable, depressed, and it was only getting worse.

My doctor had been bugging me about losing weight for years and I made a couple of efforts. I bought an exercise bike and started using it one summer, but I didn’t change my eating habits or stick with it through the tough times. Then, I moved.

I moved to a new city and for the first couple of months I lived with my sister and her husband. We were all eating terribly and we didn’t really care. At least, I didn’t until my clothes starting getting too tight and I was already wearing a size 22.

I didn’t want to have to buy new pants, especially in a bigger size, so I started thinking about weight watchers. I didn’t really have a lot of extra money, so I went online to look for free weight watchers information or apps. That’s when I found MFP :) . I decided it wouldn’t hurt to try calorie counting and the app seemed a LOT easier than what I’d heard from mom and grandma about writing it all down in a book (and it is!).

I didn’t take it too seriously at first – it took a couple of weeks before I actually started to change what I was eating in order to plan out my days and fall under my calories. Eventually I realized that sticking to my deficit had become so much easier than I’d ever thought it could be. I told myself the weight loss didn’t ‘count’ until I hit 20lbs because I’d been fluctuating within 10lbs for years before that.

But when I made it to that first 20lbs, its was a revelation! I could actually do this thing!!! I haven't regretted it or looked back since. Holidays are still difficult, with this Christmas having been trouble for me, but now I’m going strong once again. I can’t believe how far I’ve come and I know I don’t ever want to go back. I’m so happy and I have so much energy that I’ve never had before. I’m off my medicine and I’m almost at Onderland.

Starting
Height: 5’8”
Pants size: 24 (at least it should have been)
Shirts: XL
Current
Pants: 16
Shirts: M

SW: 280.3
CW: 204.4
GW: ~150

I attribute my successes here to God and to the amazing community here on MFP.
"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NJKV)

New Year's 1/1/2015
8ody05ggcshz.jpg

1/19/2015
ael2wrxcovy9.jpg

7/29/2015
uwusz8ltwmxp.jpg

9/17/15
0zztbfb1459e.jpg

3/19/15 TODAY!
irrqsjih9ndz.jpg

Replies

• EmilyNan
    EmilyNan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing how we can carry it so differently! I am 5'8 also and weighed about 305 at heaviest and was size 24. I am so glad you found MFP and have kept at it! It's hard to be patient for things to happen, but it's all for the best! You look great and your countenance has changed from your "before." You look happy!
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I really AM so much happier!
  • jacfoote
    jacfoote Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!!
  • stetter123
    stetter123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nice job
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome praise God
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're looking fabulous!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the awesome job!
  • soullevel
    soullevel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!
  • dsbroussard82
    dsbroussard82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great job - what a difference a year makes. I can really relate to the significance you gave losing the first 20 lbs. Many of us loss the first 10 lbs over and over again and slip back into old habits each time. Bravo for getting over this obstacle and never turning back.
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So proud for you. Fantastic results.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good for you; you look so terrific! It is hard when the majority of your family is overweight because it can seem normal.
    Very inspiring!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Also phenomenal decision to take charge of your health at such a young age!
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Check out that waist! Amazing transformation! You are doing a phenomenal job!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Such an amazing transformation. Thanks for sharing your story, very inspiration on a Sunday morning.
  • 1heartpineapple
    1heartpineapple Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations. :)
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and have a wonderful attitude. Thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!