Hi Everyone!

Options
Hello there! I am new here.

Somehow I miraculously made it through college without gaining the freshman 15...however, I was chubby all through high school, so while I've maintained my current weight, I am just sick and tired of being at it. I used to be an athlete until I got achilles tendon surgery on both of my feet in January. My recovery has been slow going and while I didn't really "gain weight" persay (by the numbers) I really lost muscle. Never in my life have I felt so soft. I was okay with being a little chubbier until I couldn't even make it up the stairs without getting winded...

Well, now I work in an office and I am terrified of becoming more out of shape. Enough is enough, I said. I am excited to hopefully get to know some of you on here in my quest to get rid of the chub and get back in shape after surgery!!

~Monte

Replies

• mecasgirl
    mecasgirl Posts: 64
    Options
    Welcome. I understand how you feel. I have had 3 surgeries on my feet. Recovery is slow but we are here for you. Feel free to add me as a friend. Best wishes in your recovery and your jouney.
  • Onelovemomma
    Options
    Hey Monte - I am new here too! I just finished college in May and have the same problem as you. I just started working out again about three weeks ago and can already feel my muscles coming back :wink: so there is hope. The great thing about this time of year is you can get out and just start by walking if you like.

Good Luck -
  • Montegue42
    Montegue42 Posts: 98
    Options
    I have been walking (as a sort of post surgery present to myself, I adopted a little puppy named Achilles), but its hard when I'm not allowed to do anything ballistic like running, jumping, or anything too strenuous really (even after 6 MONTHS! Its driving me crazy, all I want to do is go)...but thank goodness for the elliptical machine :)