Crystal Light vs MiO

Options
I have to have some flavoring to my water or I don't end up drinking anything at all. Generally I use Crystal Light or the generic equivalent (made weak than directions), a splash of lemon juice, or some True Lemon. I hear a lot of people talking about MiO lately and I was wondering how you all like it. Also how is it (if it is) different than Crystal Light. Thanks!

Replies

• MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I love MiO... pure goodness!!! All the stats are zero.

Some people will say they dont like it because of the artifical sugars and you should always go with "natural" sugars, but I like MiO and I like Spenda... just my opinion.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I much prefer MIO to CL. CL is grainy to me. MIO is a liquid and doesnt have any aftertaste.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I use the walmart brand and I love the little packets... lol

I hate crystal light... makes me sick to my stomach for some reason... I will just drink plain water if that is all I can get :P I want to know if MIO is any good too!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love both!!

The packets on a crystal light or (Great value /walmart brand) I only use half at a time. If my pocketbook get jossled or shaken the powder goes everywhere..... I love Mio that way. It also mixes easily with water where as the powder has to be mixed in.

so I will go with Mio :)
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also use Crystal Light as my water...I water it down with an extra quart of water as well. My husband likes Mio better than Crystal Light, but I think it's more the fact that he can make it as flavorful or as weak as he wants. Sometimes he will drink teh Crystal light how I have it in the pitcher, and other times he will weaken it more than I already have with half water and half Crystal light in his glass.

I almost feel like Mio is a little more expensive in the long run...I think up here it's $3.99 for a little Mio bottle and Crystal Light is $2.99 for container. IDK...I guess it comes down to preference and what flavors you really want more as well...
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I really like the MIO and you can add fresh squeezed lemon juice (which will boost metabolism) and it taste really good
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    Although alot of people on mfp has been putting down mio for artificial sweeteners I still use mio, and prefer it.
    They claim it causes head aches and lots of other bad things but diet drinks have artificial sweetners too and mio taste much better!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it but my husband did and he said it was aweful. He said it was very sweet - almost like a syrup and that was with only 1 drop. A lot of reviews that I have read about it have not been very positive but everybody has a different opinion as to what "sweet" and "too sweet" are.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I like to put Mio in my sparkling mineral water since you can use it without shaking or stirring. I like crystal light (or more likely store brand) in flat water.
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Powdery mixes aren't usually my thing but I'll use them once in a while. Mio gets a majorly bad rep for being too artificial in general (not just for the sweeteners)...but I have to admit, I still love it! Sweet tea and mango peach are my favs so far and I like to mix them too. Just got the fruit punch though and I'm so ready to give it a try tonight!
  • sweet1ness
    sweet1ness Posts: 10
    Options
    I like the Crystal light myself :D
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am purely CL! I shop with coupons and live on Food stamps, so from the $$$ point of view CL is much cheaper than MiO....and that's my 2 cents! PS...Its all the same!
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am a MIO drinker through and through! The extra cost is totally worth it to me! I like that I can make it as sweet or weak as I want and they have a pretty good variety of flavors. Fruit punch and Strawberry Watermelon are my favs!