new, advice would be very helpful

Options
Hi , im new here, my current weight is 165 and i have my goal set up as 125. Im doing zumba for at least 45 minutes for 4 days a week, but hope to do more than that. Any tips or advice to help me stay on track and what foods I should avoid or eat? much appreciated!

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is to avoid processed foods (bleached foods (white bread, white rice, etc.), fast food, refined sugars, etc.).

Try to stick to fresh foods (preservative free stuff). Cooking is not that hard, but it does take time. So make time to learn how to cook what you like. If you're tight on time in the evening, plan your meals on days when you have more time, cook up something, put it in single-serve dishes and grab n' go for the rest of the week.

Bottom line, if you keep your intake below your output in calories, you'll lose weight. The trick is to do it so you not only burn excess weight off, but also get healthier with better quality of life.

It's really a lifestyle change to make weight loss permanent. Good luck to you! :)
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're going to be well on your way to that goal very quickly. Make sure you're drinking enough water, and (very important) make sure you're eating your burned calories to hit your daily goal. Didn't make sense at first to me, but I swear by it now.
  • JoeyC07
    JoeyC07 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi , im new here, my current weight is 165 and i have my goal set up as 125. Im doing zumba for at least 45 minutes for 4 days a week, but hope to do more than that. Any tips or advice to help me stay on track and what foods I should avoid or eat? much appreciated!

I agree with everyone on the food choices...lots of water eat fresh and lean, good carbs. Cook your own meals, this way you know exactly what you are putting in your body... Zumba is great are you strength training with it..If not I recomend you incorporate it in your workouts...no you will not get bulky :)
  • usasoccerbabe38
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! feel free to add me. i would love to hear advice from everyone in the future=)