Ashley from New York, looking for friends to help me along the way!!

Options
ashkoz
ashkoz Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Ashley and I'm 30. I'm from upstate New York and I work at a desk job!! I am 5'5" and I weigh 228. I'm truthfully looking for friends to add that are serious about their weight loss!! I began 3 days ago and this time... I won't fall off. For the first time in my weight loss journey I am starting where I should have always started... Changing the way I eat and the way I think of food. I have no problem with working out and tomorrow will have the bowflex max m5 delivered so I can begin my two a day work outs in my own house. One of my biggest struggles was... I feel too disgusting to be seen at the gym by all the fit people. I believe this time I have the tools, and the maturity to do it the right way. I have prepared my meals for the week today, and I'm really excited to do this. Add me, it would truly be so wonderful to have people in my life who are in the same place as I am!!

Replies

• MsKikiDuh
    MsKikiDuh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm from Queens and I just joined today. I totally believe that you can do this! Me too! And the fact that you meal prepped and got machine already are awesome steps that show commitment. Best of luck and kick *kitten*!!! Love yourself and nourish yourself. This has helped me. REALLY trying to love myself as I eat inside of feeling bad and guilty. Ain't nobody got time for that! ;D
  • Beyondfightingfat
    Beyondfightingfat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm from a tiny town in Arkansas. I'm there with you, on this weightloss journey.. I've fallen off many times, and started over a ridiculous amount of times... but NOT this time.
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go for taking the first steps.
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i'm glad you're trying to be healthier, but remember its a long process. Make sure you don't do too much too fast and hurt yourself. You seem to have the right mind frame to change, so I know you can do it. As a fellow New Yorker I pulling for you. Add me if you want a motivational and accountability buddy. :):)
  • appkhi
    appkhi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was 207 three months ago today i am 178. You do not need gym or any fitness equipment if you want to lose weight. I lost all this weight by walking and cut carb in my diet.....I am 49 years old and very busy working schedule but I still walk everyday. Two weeks ago I went for my annual physical checkup and I saw due to walking and modifying the eating habit... may cholesterol and sugar back to normal....I started using myfitnestpall recently you will not see the past three month history but you will see for the past few weeks...you can see from my diary what I eat and what exercise i do ...
  • shakyhenton
    shakyhenton Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Craig from England uk . I need help too can we keep in touch for our journey to lose weight
  • pcantay
    pcantay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I too am from upstate NY -- have a desk job- I want to lose 40 pounds. starting today! Exercising I know is key , but find it so tough to get motivated. I have to be to work by 9 and so mornings well I am not a big morning person! Evening- my husband is ready to eat when I get home! I am just going to have to get up early and do this!
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dear Ashley,

I'd love to be your friend! Add me to your list. I'm 53, 5'7" and starting over at 205 pounds. I'm getting back on the wagon, too, and with the weather warming up some day soon, I'm going to get out and exercise more.

Linda
  • latina0401
    latina0401 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Im from LI NY and I just started too, I eat what i like but portions. I hope this works and lose weight, i still have a long way to go but not stopping. Definitively doing exerciae helps just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer and start going out for walks.
  • catalinaromera
    catalinaromera Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel you! This time were not falling off!
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emma from Northwest Indiana. I have been slacking for like 3 years bc of my depression, I just had no motivation to do anything. Now its tough to get back into it! But I'm also looking to never fall off again.. Add me if you want! Good luck everyone :)
  • twobestkids
    twobestkids Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jose2716 wrote: »
    i'm glad you're trying to be healthier, but remember its a long process. Make sure you don't do too much too fast and hurt yourself. You seem to have the right mind frame to change, so I know you can do it. As a fellow New Yorker I pulling for you. Add me if you want a motivational and accountability buddy. :):)

• twobestkids
    twobestkids Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I can totally relate to what you're saying. This is day 5 for me with this app which I love!! My biggest need for motivation is getting to the gym! Made it 3 days last week, but not this weekend working 12 hour shifts yesterday & today. So hopefully I'll have the energy to go tomorrow. Keep on working girl, u GOT this!! :)
  • ashkoz
    ashkoz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies!! I didn't discover until today that there were replies!!