Easter & Foods

Options
I usually celebrate Easter. House has a couple of Easter egg chocolates. I have a lot of room for calories in my food diary but will be careful that I am under my calorie intake.

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    O...kay?

Of course you should make room for easter chocolate.

I don't understand the point of this post
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I take this as a commitment to stay on plan for Easter. I am right with you. I am hosting the dinner and it will be hard to "count" the foods that I'm making, but I am committed to staying the course. This is too important to me to let one day throw me off.
  • lisakhouck
    lisakhouck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a little nervous about this day just because it's the first big holiday since I've started my weight loss journey and I'm not exactly known for my self control-lol. I plan on making a few really healthy but yummy options so I don't feel too deprived so I can stay on track!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Portion control is your friend, especially on holidays. Whatever you'll be cooking, it's alwYs possible to make a lower cal version.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've been eating stale peeps, one every couple days, for two weeks now. Nice thing about portion control is making my supply last longer for less $$. Cadbury eggs go on sale the day after Easter too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My Easter menu is never that high cal anyway, and usually more than balanced out by Good Friday.
  • hrsj022
    hrsj022 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One part I have covered is no candy purchased even with young kids in the house..I ordered toy filled eggs off amazon and a couple presents for them. We will probably be out of town...traveling and eating out a lot makes it harder..but I was okay last time.
  • 0607juliet
    0607juliet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The last time I made Easter dinner for a croud, no one noticed it was the same meal with low cal options. I told everyone afterwards and the first and only comment was, "OK then. Please pass the pie."
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Easter is my birthday, i will be having my treat regardless lol

That's totally awesome. This year I had my anniversary on Saturday, Easter next week, and my birthday in 2 weeks.

Let's say that it's not going to be good for my 'diet'.

My issue with Easter is not the main meal, it's all the stuff that goes with it... (namely the cheese and crackers and other tasty appetizers) and dessert. Dessert always does me in. Thankfully we'll have our meal at lunch so if I have a small breakfast I should be able to stay at maintenance or under (I typically skip dinner on those days as we have dessert late).
  • Maho2011
    Maho2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, FWIW I am allowing a "cheat" day for Easter. I have always allowed cheat days on holidays like that in the past.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I can easily portion control the turkey, sides etc, but when it comes to dessert, yeah - I want it all. So this year I am making a lower calorie cheesecake, and having an angelfood cake with fruit and toppings. I will skip the mashed potatoes and gravy (I can have that anyday) for a slice of cake!!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    AND a Cadbury easter creme egg (34 grams) is only 150 calories!!
  • luciewhitefield25
    luciewhitefield25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well I love chocolate so I am defiantly eating my eggs! Normally I try to avoid it every year and tell people not to buy me eggs, the regret it and end up miserable! I am prepared to enjoy my weekend and smash it even harder the next couple of weeks to make up for it, plus I have been fasting an extra day to keep my calories low. I am also Skiing Friday/Saturday so that should be a good calorie burn! & I am planning to still hit the gym/run on Easter Sunday & bank holiday, whereas normally I'd do nothing!

I am not going to lie I am excited and counting down the days haha, opps!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Not a holiday I typically celebrate much. Got eggs as a kid but as an adult, meh. But same rules would apply as other one off days. Eat mostly what I fancy and move on. I can't eat as much as I used to be able to anyway so it's a lot easier to not go too crazy. I will probably get myself an egg on sale the day after, heh.
  • CelesseBoo
    CelesseBoo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will just eat normally on Easter Day, emphasis on "normal". Will attempt to eat a sensible amount and not eat til I feel sick like I used to amount. Then next day will be back onto weight loss calories again.

A big part of my weight loss journey is learning how to manage food in sensible amounts and part of that is learning to manage holidays and special occasions.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Easter is easy for me. I work a16hr shift so those who celebrate can have the day off. Hope you all enjoy your holiday!