Workout question.

Options
Is it ok to workout twice a day for 5 days a week,morning and evening?

Replies

• candyland99
    Options
    Not at all, I try to workout 3 hours max.......but it's so hard with these kids.....good luck...you can do it!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    YES! as long as you rest, drink water, eat right and take care of your other priorities. PRO sports figures do it all the time.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Many sites say it is actually good to do 2 shorter work outs, just watch the calorie ratio so that you are not too low for your net calorie intake.
  • Chosen4Greatness
    Options
    Sure, there is nothing wrong with that alot of times I get up early in the morning and run about 3-4 miles, and then I go the gym later on a workout.. I havent experienced anything wrong with this regiment just make sure you allow your body to rest at least two days out of the week so if you are going to workout Mon-fri rest on sat and sun. I hope this helps!!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    sure! make sure you NET your daily calorie requirement and you will see great results!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can't even get myself to work out 1 hour a day let alone 3. How do you do it?
  • AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my workouts into 2. I do my cardio in the morning before breakfast and my running in the evening after dinner is that ok? i drink ALOT of water and eat very healthy
  • RinaMax
    RinaMax Posts: 33
    Options
    If you do decide to do that make sure to take Saturday and Sunday off. Also, I would suggest you make the evening workout a cardio workout and your morning one a strength training workout. This will give you the strength you need in the morning and enough time to recoup. However, be really careful because if you overdo it you risk injuring yourself. If your body hurts go much, listen to it and take a break. How long were you planning on working out each session?
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    yes. In my running mags, running twice a day are called doubles and it increases your stamina and strengthens your cardiovascular system
  • RinaMax
    RinaMax Posts: 33
    Options
    In the case that you are only doing cardio each time, it's not a problem.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I do a P90X workout daily and often I will also do Taekwondo, biking, running or another workout of some sort. I haven't died yet. With P90X I think I came close but nope, I survived!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes. As long as you refuel and rest for a few. I usually exercise an hour and a half card/weight training followed by jogging, five days a week.