Favorite and Effective exercise equipment!!

Options
Rizzo_D
Rizzo_D Posts: 15 Member
I am in the market for a new piece of exercise equipment. I currently have a treadmill (which gets boring often) and a stationary bike that , thanks to my 4 yr old niece, is now broken. I would like to get a new stationary bike but I also feel that there may be a better piece of machinery out there. So please tell me what is your favorite piece of exercise equipment that you use/own and why.

Replies

• CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My own body. Seriously though. There is so many great exercises you can do without ANY equipment. And if you have an Insanity DVD to go along with it, even better. ;)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    A good pair of boxing gloves and a bag....you won't regret boxing one bit if you start....it's a GREAT workout!
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I like my elliptical. It burns calories better than many other similar pieces of equipment and is easy on the joints. It isn't any more exciting than the treadmill though.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    kettleballs workout and Jillian Michaels DVD's. I personally love my TM. I do different workouts on it so I dont get bored, but im also training for half and full marathons
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My own body. Seriously though. There is so many great exercises you can do without ANY equipment. And if you have an Insanity DVD to go along with it, even better. ;)

I do completely agree with that. I personally enjoy the squat rack, works so many muscles. However this can be done without the rack. I think they are refereed to as "Hindu squats," not sure though.
  • robintellez
    Options
    I love the Treadclimber! Burns more calories than a regular treadmill.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My vote goes for a rowing machine or an elliptical with the upper-body poles. Work your whole body!
  • 2nyce
    2nyce Posts: 37
    Options
    A good pair of boxing gloves and a bag....you won't regret boxing one bit if you start....it's a GREAT workout!

Completely agree, there is no workout quite like taking it to a heavy bag, for more fun I like to put a rocky movie on in the background occasionally
  • DrkHarlequin
    Options
    I love the Arc Trainer at my gym. Lots of fun!
  • cvailmac
    cvailmac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds I am hooke don EA active sports for Wii... I add weights in stead of the bands and the program lets you change the weight you use to register calories burned.. it gives me a good combined interval training of carido and weights... I don't get bored with it.. and the medium level kicks my butt... I haven't een thought about the advanced.... fyi celebrated 50 years old by rparticipating in a warrior dash... muddy obstacle course for adults...and my only training was the wii.. It works.. it builds lean muscle. I have machines but havne't used them in ages.... only other suggestion is pilates...