Zumba for the Wii or DVD?

Options
I just got a new bike and I'm super excited about it. I've been riding it all the time. Now I'm wanting other exersizes too.
I used to be a dancer and miss it. I hate doing work out videos because there isn't enough dance in it. I've heard great things about Zumba, but I can't afford the classes. Does anyone have the Zumba for the Wii or DVDs? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Help please...

Replies

• mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My friend, triski73, has it. She said it was pretty good and enjoys it. I just got Just Dance 2. I heard it'll make you sweat as long as you put your whole body into it. I haven't tried it yet, but am excited to do it tonight instead of sitting on my booty and watching other people dance on SYTYCD. I'll let you know how it is.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have both and love them both! They are great to do to mix things up a bit or when I can't get to a scheduled class for Zumba. Nothing beats a class though!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have zumba for the wii its fun, though its hard for me to do anything at home get too much 'help'.

i have some vid on my computer havent done them yet.

i do take a class weekly and thats my favorite, when you are in a class with lots of others the energy level is just amazing.
    and ofcourse a good teacher matters, increases the fun.

last class i actaully had to check my watch when she announce lets cool it down now, it seemed to come much too soon.
  • cynephen
    cynephen Posts: 6
    Options
    A friend of mine has the DVD and loves it. I heard it is not so good on the Wii. You should look around in your area because where I live there are all kinds of churches, etc. that hold Zumba classes for only a few dollars a class. You pay as you go so there is no expensive commitment upfront.
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for the Wii and the first thing everyone tells me is that you have to give it time before you decide whether or not you like it because you spend most of your time trying to learn the steps and you end up not burning very many calories while you're learning them. BUT... those same people always say that it's worth going through the transition because of how much fun it is and how many calories you burn!! Go for it !!!
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do both.. I go to the classes and have to Zumba Wii... I had to back off of the classes for awhile and just do the Wii.. Now I am back doing the classes... I love both but I LOVE the classes more... I would recommend both...

Good luck and feel free to add, if you like.

Missy
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba for the wii last night it is alright i am still learning the moves, you need lots of space for the long strides you have to do. I got just dance 2 I like it. I have a zumba workout dvd and it is is the same as the wii game so far. I love 30 day shred, now that is a good workout.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i love the wii game - you have to fill the bar up to get extra backing dancers which I really enjoy doing as it makes me shake my butt more than I would with just a normal dvd.. :)
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I only have the dvd's but I love them! And I burned serious cals just doing the learn the steps dvd! The whole pack comes with 5 different programs, plus the step by step and a fitness concert, so you never get bored, and it comes with a toning dvd too (I usually break out my 5 lb weights for some strengthening)

I HIGHLY recommend them!

Zumba is seriously the most fun and one of the best workouts I've ever experienced!
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba for Wii...I have only done it once, but really it was a lot of fun. I have never been to a class, so I have nothing to compare it to.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have the zumba dvd set, i like it, it came with about 7 different things you can do between 20 to 60 min sections. It was 60$ on amazon. I got it in January and use it about once a week now, i was doing it 3 to 4 times a week, it is repetitive so i guess you could get bored with it. I did a live class for 6 weeks , i liked it better, since they mix it up more. Just a suggestion, look into your county / citys community stuff, i took the classes at a county rec center for $20. So you may find it cheaper than a gym can offer it, plus its the same instructors from the gym scene looking to make extra on the side.

P.S. i got a bike a little over a year ago .its like being a kid again for me :tongue:
  • kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. I received the <umba dvd's from a friend, but they lost the workout calendar. Would it be possible to get the workouts order from you?
  • doit_4life
    doit_4life Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks so much! This really really helps! I think i'm going to invest in the dvd and save up for the dvd's. I saw an infomercial that it comes with like 7 dvd's and some weights for like $90. I figure if i do this the whole family can join in. :)