Bootilicious... and looking for suggestions

Options
Okies. I have a booty. It is never going anywhere. Every woman in my family has it. Now, my hips are actually on the small side (no birthin' hips here)... so it is ALL booty below my waist... and I'm learning to deal with it. If it's toned booty... I'll be able to make friends with it.

However, I'm petrified my squats / running are going to make my bottom BIGGER! And I'm just not able to cope with that. Even at my thinnest... with a teeny little 25" waist, my "hips" measurement was 39" - 40" and that was, like I said, all behind. I had to tailor my pants to fit b/c I had MAJOR panty-peak!!

In my opinion... it was NOT pretty. Any suggestions for shrinking are welcome, but I'm not sure that is possible so I'll take "toning but not enlarging" suggestions!

Replies

• lazywriter
    lazywriter Posts: 90
    Options
    They won't. Are you doing cardio? You're losing fat. You're losing fat from your booty. This makes booty smaller.

Squats and running will tone you. It might make it tighter and higher, but BIGGER? Unlikely.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do you think your 'mass' is muscle or fat? If it's muscle, then you should play basketball. If not, squats will build muscle, and the exercise will help tame the 'masses'.
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges will not make your booty bigger. It will actually get smaller and more toned. So in the end it would look just more round and sit very nicely, but with out all the jiggle.
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am doing cardio. Here is my current weekly routine:

Couch to 5k - 3x / week (about 30 mins of fast paced walking / running intervals). I follow that up with 15 mins of biking.
    On the days I don't do C25k, I do Zumba (20 mins right now but working up to 40)
    I also do Circuit Training (30 day shred) every day, which incorporates some cardio

RIght now, my mass is mostly fat, so I know I will experience some shrinkage right now. (I'm currently measuring like 43"). I'd just like to drop down below 40" if I can. So i just wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything that's going to 'bulk my booty'.

Thanks for any and all feedback everyone!
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try high rep kettlebell workouts featuring kettlebell squats (little different and lower impact than conventional squats), swings and maybe some lunges as well. The kettlebell combo of cardio and strength training in one short but intense workout will do wonders for your behind in just a few workouts. It's like taking a spinning class and doing a full body workout at the same time. The Powerbell adjustable kettlebell from Weider has a pretty decent basic workout on it that you can use to start out or find a local instructor to teach you proper form. Remember this, no matter where your body tends to "hold the most fat" there is NO SUCH THING as SPOT REDUCTION. Do lots of compound movements that burn calories with as little rest as possible, that's the secret to leaning out and getting rid of those trouble areas no matter where they might be.

You could also do a bodyweight circuit training routine that featured lots of lower body excercises like squat jumps and lunges.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My butt has gotten much smaller and tighter since I started working it. Squats and lunges are great, but the best workout ever is Brazilian Butt Lift from Beachbody. It was designed by one of the Victoria Secret model's trainers. My hubby marvels at how much my butt has changed on a weekly basis since I did this program. It works all angles of the butt and thighs. It burns but you will be amazed at your results. There are even different schedules for the different types/sizes of butts and the goals of their owners.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/brazil_butt_lift.do

You can thank me later :wink:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Ever seen an athlete with too much junk in the trunk? Thought not. Keep up running and doing squats and lunges.
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm definately going to have to check out the Brazillian Butt Lift. I freakin' LOVE Beachbody products.

@BerryH - No, of course not. I think I'm just convinced that my booty is the one that is different. The most stubborn and no one else out there has ever experienced a booty like mine. Of course thats ridiculous :laugh: But it still feels that way!!