Loosing a pound 1/2 lb to a pound a day

Options
I recently went gluten and dairy free since my doctor believes I am intolerant. I started on Tuesday and I've lost 4 lbs since. I would say it's from eating less carbs but I wasn't really eating bread or pasta before due to the high calories. I am still eating 1200 calories a day and my exercise routine hasn't changed. I'm definitely not complaining and I'm sure it isn't true fat loss. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or knows the cause?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Most likely a good bit of water weight and/or waste. Give it a few more days and see if it tapers off :)

Were you feeling bloated/constipated before you cut out these foods?

~Lyssa
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It is common to drop some water weight when starting a lower calorie diet. Also if you were bloated because of gluten/lactose intolerance that would cause a drop in weight. It will even out :)
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was pretty bloated/constipated from those foods, guess that's what it was. Still hoping it continues though :D
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That would mean you have 1750-3500 kcal deficit a day :) So it's not really realistic...but losing slow is a good thing. You develop new and better habits regarding eating and exercise and you will feel better. Going for drastic fast loss will leave you hungry and miserable and likely to give up. judging by your profile pic you don't have much to lose either way...so anything over 1 lbs a week would be too much. :)
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah , I'm getting near the end 11 lbs to a healthy BMI 13 lbs to goal! I can't believe I lost 55 lbs in the last year! It's amazing isn't it ?
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds in the six days following the start of my period. I imagine it was just hormones holding onto some water weight. The next to weeks I lost nothing. Just wait a couple weeks and I'm sure it will average out.
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When I cut those things from my diet, I always drop weight quickly. If it coincides with the ending of my period, it isn't unusual for me to drop 7 to 10 pounds in 6 or 7 days. I figure it is all inflamation weight, or something like that.
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Same here! I feel different but i miss them both !