Knee pain preventing me from my workouts

Options
My knees have been really painful lately, this is really frustrating- I have been having issues running and doing my workout videos (squats) does anyone else have knee problems? Any suggestions for relief or workouts I can do that don't irritate my knees?

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    swimming might help
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I had to stop my workouts because of a bad knee and a bad hip to let them heal. Check out a blog on what I did to continue losing weight despite not being able to exercise: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bjohs/view/down-30-pounds-response-to-questions-114202

Good luck and I hope your knee heals quickly.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Swimming?
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    sounds like the terrible twos, too much and too soon. Squats and lunges are great in strengthening your knees (i have that problem). Do RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) for your knees and not do any long runs for a while. start back up slowly and increase your distance gradually. if it acts back up, back off and rest. My friend suggested Yoga, it helped her w/her knees before she ran NYC marathon. if it doesnt get any better, i would see a PT
  • andersonjackie
    andersonjackie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of balance exercise on the yoga foam which has strengthen my knees. good luck
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You need to go see an orthopedist immediately to find out what the issue is. Make sure you didn't tear something and get their input on how to relieve the pain. Swimming and water aerobics that are zero impact can give you a good workout (you have to really push yourself harder) without knee pain.

Both my knees are damaged from years of running when I was younger.
  • yeya29
    yeya29 Posts: 16
    Options
    Before you do anything you should probably see a doctor and see what's going on.