I lost 2lbs last week. Today I scoffed myself with 12 chocolate chip cookies :-(

Options
I lost 2lbs last week and today I scoffed myself with 12 chocolate chip cookies :-( Will it delay the weight loss? I go back to the gym tomorrow.

Replies

• TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It isn't as bad as you think, I don't know about the chocolate chip cookies that you ate, but like a week ago I ate two burgers (no bread, just burgers from the freezer) and drank a glass of orange juice, I thought I'd eaten at least 500 more calories, but the next day when I pulled myself together and logged them I only ate like 250 calories more than I should've. I probably still lost weight that day, but I didn't check the morning after before breakfast. Honestly, I though that I probably had gained almost 1 pound, but the burgers didn't have as much calories in them as I thought.
  • raiden4055
    raiden4055 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with what's being said above (New here btw).

Always log it and be happy!
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs last week and today I scoffed myself with 12 chocolate chip cookies :-( Will it delay the weight loss? I go back to the gym tomorrow.

What else did you have? How big were the cookies? 12 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies is 640 calories. If you were already at your calorie goal and have a 750 calorie deficit, then you would be eating more or less at maintenance for the day. One day further away from reaching your goal is all.

How about pre logging some cookies into your food diary this week? Take control of your food. I have a serving of ice cream almost every night. If I really, really want two servings, then so be it. I'm still in a deficit..
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you, pal. I love me a good batch of freshly cooked cookies with a tall glass of milk. That was around 1500 cals if I recall. I did log it and (not really) forgot about it. I can go back and check if you want the exact calories. And yeah, it probably delayed my weight loss a little.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Heh I had 1302 calories of biscuits (cookies) today, which took me 704 cals over my daily goal. Worth every crumb :-)

(although if anyone ever invents a line on the packet that says "after this one, you'll feel sick" I'd appreciate it).
  • momo_t90
    Options
    Heh I had 1302 calories of biscuits (cookies) today, which took me 704 cals over my daily goal. Worth every crumb :-)

(although if anyone ever invents a line on the packet that says "after this one, you'll feel sick" I'd appreciate it).

I know, right. I still feel like it's worth every bit of it and I'm not convinced to stop doing that. I just don't do it very often.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    It's rare that I do it, but I just wasn't able to cook today and they were soooooo inviting. I'm under calories for the week, so it's not as bad as it seems (not great for me nutritionally, but meh it's only one day).
  • meredithdelcastillo
    meredithdelcastillo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lol story of my life
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i keep eating hershey chocolate easter eggs oops
  • momo_t90
    Options
    Discount Halloween candy at Walgreens! *raises hand* Anybody? Anybody?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a sleeve and a half of Keebler Town House crackers before. It happens. They are a weakness of mine and I no longer keep them in the house b/c they're just so good and buttery. Log it and move on, and do better the rest of the week.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, every calorie above your deficit goal will delay weight loss by a corresponding amount. That's inherent in the math behind CICO. If you eat 1000 cslories above your goal for a week, you'll lose .25 to .5 lbs less. You can't overeat and lose the same amount as if you stayed within your cal goal. But if you were otherwise within your goal for the week, a few cookies would make less than a 1 lb. diff.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    From a pure weight loss perspective it might slow your weight loss a little if you ate over maintenance or cut into your deficit.

From a life perspective: learn from it, forget about it and move on. Get back to normal eating as soon as possible. Cut a few calories over the next few days if you must. Also, think about why you ate the cookies and how they made you feel during and after. Did you really want them? Were they worth it? Would one or two have given you just as much satisfaction, or more even as you wouldn't be feeling the guilt?

On a side note, how close are you to goal? If you are getting close a 2lb loss is on the bigger side. Did you eat the cookies because you weren't eating enough overall? We can tend to gravitate towards energy dense foods when we're undernourished (even more so than usual) because you body tells you that you're starving. IMHO the best way to lose weight is by eating as much as possible while still losing at a reasonable rate
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies!!! Delicious ! You cannot eat just one
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just binged on homemade chocolate chip cookies.
    Ugh. I feel sick.
    Never again.
    Ha!
    Not too happy with myself :/
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the delay in weight loss was worth the deliciousness!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just raided the vending machine : grandmas choc cookies, pork rinds and a snickers. Im planning on eating all of it.

DANG! old thread got me!
  • Aud66
    Aud66 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, move on. I went mad at the weekend drank wine, beer and ate chocolate cake, what's done is done.