Gross question but I need help

Options
13»

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Carbonation or coffee usually helps me...but I only go about once every 3 to 4 days anyway.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you guys handle going every few days, I'd be doubled over in pain if i had to wait that long. Plus I cant stand the thought of all that digested food sitting in my gut for that long.

A probiotic and magnesium every night before bed guarantees a daily event for me.
  • moochisam
    moochisam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, consume enough fiber, and drink some coffee. Also, soaking in a warm bath sometimes helps.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,103 Member
    Options
    Water, fat and fiber should help. Or a couple cups of coffee...

+1

Yes, water, fiber, and yes very much more fat. If you are eating low fat, even the water and fiber will not help as much.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    How many calories a day are you eating?

This is my question too! Low calorie diets can lead to constipation if you are going too low. If that isn't the case, then I agree with the increased fibre, fluids, and oils. Those should all help.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Are you eating any fibre and have you been drinking enough water?
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Sounds like you may have intestinal parasites..

I concur with Dr DancingDarl. Classic case.

He is a doctor, after all. Ever read Dune?

The spice flows....but not his bowels.
  • jplinis
    jplinis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm usually under my fiber goal but I've found that usually in the morning if I sit on the toilet for 5-10 minutes just on my phone even if I don't have to "go" I'd always end up going. Just try giving yourself some regular "toilet time". Works for me!
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Try eating a raw carrot a day! ... or a celery stick. Magnesium supplements help taken at evening meal as they can aid sleep. I take supplement with magnesium and calcium for the bones. Acidophilus tablets can also help taken after a meal. Spirulina tablet first thing before food. I wouldn't try all at once though!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I was struggling with this too. One serving of Fiber 1 cereal on top of Greek yogurt is my new afternoon snack. It does the trick to keep things moving regularly for me.
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you up your fibre intake significantly all in one go, it can take your body some time to adjust.

If I start eating porridge everyday it can take a week or so for things to go back to normal.

Don't worry too much, but if you're uncomfortable, it might be worth trying coffee or anything with a laxative effect.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Try fiber, fat, water and coffee.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    intestinal parasites are usually accompanied by diahrea and weight loss, weakness. more fiber can make constipation worse for some people plus it adds gas which on top of constipation can be a grueling adventure. Best of luck on this. There is the glass of warm salt water on arising technique accompanied by higher fat in the diet for a day or two. It works for some of us.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, are you still here? How are you feeling? Did you get things moving again?

BTW I hear if you take a tablespoon of ACV every morning, not only will it rev up your metabolism but it will also kill that pesky intestinal parasite. sarcasm