Just need some pals

Options
aracope
aracope Posts: 1 Member
Family isn't the greatest support system. It's hard to stay on task with only yourself pushing you forward in leading a healthy lifestyle and when you'll be heading to college soon. Please, feel free to add me and we'll create a little support system. :)

Replies

• CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    My family isnt supportive either. EXCEPT for my little sister! You can SOO Do this!
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've found that family can more often than not be a hindrance. There are expectations, norms, emotions, guilt, and a very healthy 'lobsters-in-the-pot' scenario. Love your family, but if they're not supporting your weight loss, stop looking to them for support immediately. Go your own way, and when you're losing and proud of your accomplishments, don't be surprised if they try to sabotage you. I'm not saying they'll consciously try to, but again...lobster in the pot.
  • beamcadd
    beamcadd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a good support system with my family and co workers- if I didn't I could not have gotten where I am now. I will be happy to share some support with you. :happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as friend for some add support and encouragement.
  • otranquility
    Options
    This community is awesome in being supportive!

I added you!
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My family doesn't always support my healthy eating habits but I try to do things like teach my kids to cook healthy meals, go to farmer's markets together, plant veggies, make homemade bread. These things can really make a difference in the long run and there's no better lesson than lifelong fitness and healthy nutrition.
  • RickyN29
    RickyN29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? I find it is often helpful to have friends on here with similar challenges ahead of them.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want to as a friend.
    Remember one thing, you alone are responsible for your health and fitness. No one can make you eat healthy and no one can make you exercise. So, don't worry about your family not being supportive. Just live healthy for you and don't worry about them.
  • sierracanbe
    Options
    hi, welcome =D
    this is a gr8 place to find support!
  • tlerias
    tlerias Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I need more friends as well!