Looking for friends over 40

Options
I am 44 and looking for friends in their 40's . All support is great but how my body handles exercise and how a 23 year old handles exercise is a bit different!! Looking for my peers. I work part time have four wonderful kids and a great husband. Have lost 50lbs and have kept it off. Trying to lose the last 10 to reach my goal. Add me as friend!!!!

Replies

• imogene912
    imogene912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friends request too.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 45 and in the UK. Gained some weight when caring for parents and post-bereavement, but doing well again since January with 21lb gone out of 45lb I'd like to lose, so halfway there. I don't do anything complicated, just calories in/out and some walking, some cycling, a bit of strength training etc. You're welcome to ping me a FR if you like. :)
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Send one to me too!
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm 45 and know what your saying about fitness at different ages
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 50 here and motivated to lose 50 more. On my way to weigh in today!
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you want friends in their 50s, but if so, feel free to add me. 51 here, at least physically. Mentally it's a heck of a lot younger.
  • Genetico
    Genetico Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another 40 yr older here. Planning to lose 30 lb before end of this year. Feel free to add me.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 41, 42 in 3 weeks. I have a lot of weight to lose, half my body weight. I will send a friend request.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 42 also with a lot of weight to lose. It's scary because when I was a young adult I always heard people say how your body changes as you hit 40 - and now I can see they were right! What frightens me is that it really wasn't until very recently that I realized that I had to get serious about my health and weight loss, and now, with bad knees, etc, I have realized that I just made this so much harder for myself. :( Why didn't I do this sooner????
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 in a week and I hear ya! Please add me if you'd like.
  • Michellemontgom
    Michellemontgom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I would love to connect with you ladies for support and motivation.
  • shanni1977
    shanni1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not quite 40 yet, I'm 39 but looking for friends to keep me motivated. Add me if you like!
  • GoMe75
    GoMe75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just hit 40 this year! I'm already finding the process of shedding to be slower than I remember. :neutral: Please feel free to add me! I have 65lbs to lose.
  • Burnitstell
    Burnitstell Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not 40 but feel free to add ;)
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 and lost over 70lb - I've taken up running and do Zumba once a week. Feel free to add me anyone if you want some support
  • fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44, in the UK, and have lost about 15lbs of the 30 I want gone. I'm watching what I eat and exercising alot. Feel free to add me.
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Request sent. I'm 49 and I'm down 25 pounds. I have decided to NEVER EVER EVER (Think Taylor Swift) gain those pounds again.
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    And I'm a size 2 now. Yes!
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46. Feel free to add, my fit peers! : )