dejected...searching for my will power

Options
I have been a member of MFP since three years and it had helped me lose 35 pounds na di was loving myself, going great guns and my confidence was sky high. I was happy.
Then, life took over, circumstances led to very stressful few months which caused me to gain 20pounds just like tht.
I am now angry, frustrtated, desperate dejected...u name it and i am feeling it for letting myself lose control, for letting it all go and for not being able to get back on the wagon inspite of wantitng to. I just have lost myself somewhere along the way. I would wnat nothing more than to go back to the days when i used to eat guilt free and enjoy it cos i had earned it, even of it was a pizza. Now, i eat everything but do not enjoy one single bite without the guilt nagging me. I eat and then hate myself for eating it.
Please, please, i need help in finding my will power and motivation that i hv lost along the way....i know self pity and self hate is not gonna take me anywhere. pl tell me how to get my groove back. I have done it once, and i know it can be done. I need a kick , a big kick in my rear.....

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Same boat, different cruise. Feel free to add me to your friends list. We're all here for the same reason... For help
  • tracymayhall
    tracymayhall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am back after regaining nearly 200 lbs back. If you are where you say you are, then you are so close to getting it back. You are right, you can do this, and you will. Fight for it! You are the only one who can fight for it! Take the tools you have, and apply them. You are in the right place here.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I've gained a heap of weight back and am back here again, because I know this can work.

My best suggestion for you is that you don't wait until you find the motivation, just start logging your food anyway.
    Even if you overeat, log it. Because once you've eaten something, that's it, you can't go back.

I find that just committing to logging my food every day seems like a small step, but it's very powerful.
    Having that accountability (only to myself, no one else needs to know if I've eaten a good day's worth of healthy stuff or way too much junk) helps to make me focus on what I know I need to do..... eat good food, not too much, and move a bit.
    I KNOW it really is that simple, I just have to do it!
  • ritugetsfit
    ritugetsfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u for the kind words .
    As the first step to getting back on track , I hv my alarm set for 530 am to workout , either gym or if weather gets bad then I also hv YouTube video selected to do , diary logged in mfp for pre planning . Hope my day goes as per plan .
    Will take it one day at a time .
  • ritugetsfit
    ritugetsfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I've gained a heap of weight back and am back here again, because I know this can work.

My best suggestion for you is that you don't wait until you find the motivation, just start logging your food anyway.
    Even if you overeat, log it. Because once you've eaten something, that's it, you can't go back.

I find that just committing to logging my food every day seems like a small step, but it's very powerful.
    Having that accountability (only to myself, no one else needs to know if I've eaten a good day's worth of healthy stuff or way too much junk) helps to make me focus on what I know I need to do..... eat good food, not too much, and move a bit.
    I KNOW it really is that simple, I just have to do it!

Tht is a gud suggestion . I tried logging a few times earlier but the day I knew I was gng over , I did not log and then started my downward spiral - again !!
    This time I will log , no matter Wht !!
  • rvaldezlpn
    rvaldezlpn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Small steps! The hardest for me was logging everything ( really not that hard though ) I just knew if I was going to go over why bother .... But then I wasn't holding myself accountable but my body still was... You can do it! You got this. I haven't been using MFP community long but everyone is so helpful and encouraging!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I log in every day if you want an accountability partner? Have your diary open so you think twice before making bad choices, but log everything good and bad. It sometimes is just a case of deciding you ARE going to do it and before long it becomes second nature. (Currently 4 years in and 144lbs down)
  • Ydd2109
    Ydd2109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same boat... i gained about 22 pounds back after loosing close to 60 pounds. This gain was all my fault, i travel a lot for work and somehow i felt calories off home didnt count (i am crazy i know, but had to justify to myself eating all the new unique cuisines and quick fixes for dinner).

In last one month i am trying to get my groove back. i have got myself a activity tracker, i go to gym without a fail even its for 30 mins, i log in my food everyday. I do slip up every now and then but atleast i know what i ate and how badly i screwed up. initially it made me feel bad looking at bad choices... now with time i have noticed these bad choices have gone down in number slowly...

Just keep your head up... log everything you eat now matter how guilty and bad you feel... it will get you back on track....
  • Sonjarun96
    Sonjarun96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the same situation. Been on here for a while, lost a few pounds, gained a few. Been a vicious cycle. But now I absolutely need this to work as I am graduation in two months and need to lose weight fast. And then I'm moving to another country next fall and don't want to be a whale when I do so. But I also have a lot of issues that cause me to gain from time to time so I need some motivation, which is, in my opinion, the best "medicine" for weight loss.
    So if you want to add me and be a motivator for each other I am totally up for it, and anyone on here. We can do this!