Who Has given you the most motivation?

Options
A few months ago I took a photo with my son and when I turned the phone around to see it. I said to him , Oh no ,I don't like this picture at all. I look fat and you see all my wrinkles, to what he replied. "Mom you are beautiful in my eyes and I don't see you the way you see yourself". WoW ! I thought to myself this comes from a 12 year old child. He became my # 1 Inspiration and motivation throughout my fitness journey. Being healthy for my children is my WHy, knowing that they love me no matter what keeps me going each day.
I ask you today. Have you encounter a person who has inspire you to stay motivated ?

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    this sounds strange but I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago and a man at church told me why lose it, you will just gain it back and I am determined not to make him right!
  • LisaMelen
    LisaMelen Posts: 53 Member
    Options

brenn24179 wrote: »
    this sounds strange but I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago and a man at church told me why lose it, you will just gain it back and I am determined not to make him right!

Ha ha ha NOt strange at all. Seems like you are the competitive type. Tell me I can't do something and bet your bottom dollars i will wipe you out! Lol . People come to our life for many strange reasons this person made a quick stop in yours to motivate you to push forward ! Congrats
  • ritzyswish
    ritzyswish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My son is my most supportive person in all aspects of my life (apart from tidying his bedroom!). Apart from him, I hate to say it but....myself.

Once I get into the flow of calorie counting I'm pretty good. I think it's really important to be forgiving and accept that I will have off days. I try to be good 80% of the time, because if I tried to be 100% good I would be setting myself up to fail.

I just start each day afresh, and focus only on that one day. Dieting for one day isn't that hard is it?
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Myself
  • cprovenghi
    cprovenghi Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have to say yourself is always the biggest motivator. It just requires the accountability
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My dog. Even when I don't wanna go outside, he makes me get off the couch & get going! Nature calls! (That's funny cause it works on different levels ;)
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Me. You can't do this for anyone else. Nor do I want to be someone else's motivation.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation is myself. I want more energy to help me keep up with life lol.

My biggest cheerleaders though are my kids and husband. I know they think I'm beautiful no matter what but I want to show them just how strong I am.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    coalz wrote: »
    My dog. Even when I don't wanna go outside, he makes me get off the couch & get going! Nature calls! (That's funny cause it works on different levels ;)

Sounds like my dog
  • Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My own reflection. At one point I saw myself in the mirror and was disgusted. I bought a scale and was distraught. Then I decided I was never going to see that person and that number on the scale ever again.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Myself I lost 71lbs in 2012 sadly gotg0dh17plsncm.png
    seriously ill so gained some back I did this before I'll do it again
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Youtuber Christian guzman and myself.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Me ... specifically, the me of about 8 years ago when I was slender and really active.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    me. i don't like feeling unhealthy any more. i only have one body and it's broken as it is. so healthy i shall be
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Myself, I have to want to do it otherwise I won't, and nothing anyone else says or does will change that.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Myself, by far!!! There are other influencing factors like feeling attractive for my husband, healthy for my Kids, etc. I think everything around us can be a motivator: clothes, summer season, proving someone wrong or right... but at the end of the day, it has to be for yourself and by yourself!
    A lot to lose or a little, it's always a difficult journey, to change habits, to learn to be moderate, to incorporate a workout... so unless you are really convinced and ready, external motivators aren't going to make you stick to it... at least that's what I think.
  • fancygirl7312
    fancygirl7312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Myself, I have to want to do it otherwise I won't, and nothing anyone else says or does will change that.

Everyone really in the support and motivation group . We all help each other
  • ababy91
    ababy91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kinda new to mfp and would like to meet some truly dedicated people to be of motivation as I would like to do in return. We have one body and taking care of it is crucial. #beastmode.. my kids and my character have such great impact, but God gives me the strength to face that gym and conquer
  • LisaMelen
    LisaMelen Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ababy91 wrote: »
    kinda new to mfp and would like to meet some truly dedicated people to be of motivation as I would like to do in return. We have one body and taking care of it is crucial. #beastmode.. my kids and my character have such great impact, but God gives me the strength to face that gym and conquer

Amen Sista