Help carb withdrawal

Options
Help! I am going thru carb withdrawal. This is day 2 of eating right. Not hungry, I just want something like bread or I don't know, something starchy. Guess I just have to ride it out until tomm. I think I can make it! I feel A little better just having setting down and writing this post! Thanks for listening everyone!

Replies

• kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi. I am a carb junkie myself and really suffer withdrawals when I stop carbs. You have reached Day 2. Congratulations. You will be better by Day 3 and the weight loss!!! Wow! you won't believe it. So stick to it unless you are exercising heaps - ni which case you will need your carbs for energy.
  • midmomike2
    midmomike2 Posts: 213
    Options
    Hang in there! You can do it!
  • Bethydiane
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of carbs, or you'll never stick to your new diet. Just choose healthy carbs. Whole grain toast, Cheerios, whole grain pasta can be good for you.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Saying don't deprive yourself of carbs to me would be like saying don't deprive yourself of heroin to a junkie. Sugar is addictive, pure and simple.
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Days 1-3 were hard. I went to the store and loaded up on bars, rice cakes, wheat bread...you know food w/substance. You can do it. It'll get easier and you'll still have that craving so get the foods that will hold you down.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have "bad" carb cravings, too. Sometimes they can be so intense I can't think about anything else, and I get snappy with the people around me. :embarassed:

I have found that eating beans (my new favorite is white kidney beans) really helps me, and they don't blow my attempts at healthy eating. HTH.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Saying don't deprive yourself of carbs to me would be like saying don't deprive yourself of heroin to a junkie. Sugar is addictive, pure and simple.

a little dramatic, but at the same time, true. sugar is very addictive...just like you have noticed.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of carbs, or you'll never stick to your new diet. Just choose healthy carbs. Whole grain toast, Cheerios, whole grain pasta can be good for you.

I agree with choosing healthy carbs. :)
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Carb craving are terrible. Agreedwith above comment, beans have helped me too with the carb craving. Especially when I make it in a soup.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How about making yourself crackers with grated parmesan cheese, flax meal, egg white and spices- flatten it out and bake in the oven. Helps carb cravings without carbs. Or this microwave muffin-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/258089-low-carb-microwave-muffin
    Saves my mornings most days.
    Good luck!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    "The brain consumes up to twenty percent of the energy used by the human body, more than any other organ.[28] Brain metabolism normally is completely dependent upon blood glucose as an energy source, since fatty acids do not cross the blood-brain barrier.[29] During times of low glucose (such as fasting), the brain will primarily use ketone bodies for fuel with a smaller requirement for glucose. The brain can also utilize lactate during exercise.[30] The brain does not store any glucose in the form of glycogen, in contrast, for example, to skeletal muscle."

What this means: Carbs are what our brains use. We need them. Just make 'em healthy carbs.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options

Cheerios is not healthy carbs BTW cereal is the worst offender. I would try quinoa and sweet potato's :smile: veggies also have healthy carbs.