10mo post partum, BFing and I need to lose weight...who's with me?

Options
I am nursing my 10-month-old and just starting my weight loss journey now. I have about 45 pounds to lose until I am at my prepregnancy weight. I had a lot of trouble with supply issues in the beginning and that's why I didn't try losing weight earlier. I will be getting a fit bit in a couple weeks in hopes that that will also motivate me to stay active. I will need support to stay on track since I have a sweet tooth so if you want to motivate each other please add me. It would be preferable if you were in a similar situation/lifestyle (post partum/BFing)

Replies

• Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. :)
    9 months post partum with my third (and last), breastfeeding with 45-50 pounds to lose. My excuse is I was just lazy and found lots of reasons why I couldn't work out and eat properly. I'm working with a trainer now 2-3 times a week and doing the rest at home.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hi! My little guy (3rd and last) is 6 months now and breastfed. I'm down 15 pounds since Christmas with 34 left to go. Feel free to add me :)
  • bbilliethecat
    bbilliethecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i have a 5-month-old, breastfeeding, and have 35 pounds to lose . it's so tough ! anyone, feel free to add me :D
  • Tracenora
    Tracenora Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Add me in! I am 3 months post with 2nd and last. I have 28 lbs to lose. I am EBF'ing and I must have completely gone off the wagon, at first I was doing great losing weight BUT in the last month I gained a solid 6lbs. Ugh!
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 months post-partum and breastfeeding. I have 120lbs to lose though.
    People say breastfeeding makes weight loss easier, but I've always found it much harder to lose weight in that first year.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • camillasmith1987
    camillasmith1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am ebf my 19 week old. I have 18lbs left to lose
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 6 years now, but I want to cheer you ladies on! It's so tough with a baby. Best advice I have is to walk everywhere with baby in a stroller or carrier. Walk to the grocery, library, etc. And don't be hard on yourself if the weight doesn't budge much until you are done nursing- your body may try very hard to hold onto that extra fat until nursing is done.
  • ChelleyGorg
    ChelleyGorg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Almost 8 months post partum but had three back to back pregnancies. Still almost exclusively breastfeeding. 184 lbs, down from 195, would like to reach 160 before next pregnancy. Kinda following thm diet, haven't started exercise really. Would love some motivation!
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 11 month old and I'm about 11 lbs away from pre pregnancy weight. Feel free to add me
  • amnavarro2211
    amnavarro2211 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm nursing my 9 month old. Trying to lose 25-30 lbs. Add me! Would love the motivation from mom's in similar circumstances:)
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 8 month old baby and I have about 30 lbs to lose. Please mothers add me.
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Finally I found someone who can relate to me. I am EBFing and I can NOT get this weight off, I get so frustrated when people say "the weight just falls off" it won't go anywhere and I was extremely active before I got pregnant. I wasn't even pregnant a full 9 months (delivered at 26 weeks) and I still gained a ton and only got about 20 lbs off, I have 20 more to go. HELPPPPPPPPPPP
  • nadel2016
    nadel2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello
    My son is 8 month old now . I lost already 22 pounds and still 45 to go.
    I am breastfeeding too so I know it's hard.
    Love my Fitbit , it's very motivating :)
    Feel free to add me!
    Cheers from Canada

• sbguitargirl
    sbguitargirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently in my third trimester with my first child. I hope to lose the baby weight soon after birth, and I would love any tips. I hope to be more active after my son is born, so that I can be a good healthy role model for him.
  • blue2264
    blue2264 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No longer breast feeding but I I think every body is different/every situation is different even. With my first I started weight watcher s6mos postpartum my milk supplied dropped quickly. With my second I started exercising/counting calories at 6 weeks and my milk supply was fine. Wish you luck
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Adding some of you ladies! My littlest is 10 months old, and I lost a ton of weight quickly with him, then gained it back after going to back to work. My ultimate goal is to lose 50lbs, but dropping 20 in the near term would get me closer to a healthy weight and fitting in my clothes better.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Not Bfing any more, but I have been down the same road... little one is 2, I BF for 14 months before he weaned. Feel free to add me if you want the extra support. I'm on everyday :) I still have about 25 lbs til 1st pre-pregnancy weight, but am looking to lose more than that. Supply is always the concern and 10 months is when I got my menstrual back which highly affected my supply. I hope the best to you and your goals!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yeah, to those that said weight would fall off from BFing :p
  • JLPersall
    JLPersall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im breastfeeding my 6 month old son. Started counting calories 3 months ago. Want to lose another 20 pounds. I also breastfed my daughter and lost 55 pounds after I had her with mfp and excercise. Love when people say oh u lost weight nursing. Yeah not the diet and excercise! Lol
  • teelatesluk
    teelatesluk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding my 10 month old son need to lose 50 too. Please add me. We should have a momma a group