Domino's Pizza

Options
BryanK1977
BryanK1977 Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I ordered some Domino's Pizza for the first time in several weeks. It was delicious. I hadn't eaten anything yet so it didn't bother me that I indulged on the entire medium pie.

I ordered a medium hand tossed with light cheese, half ham, half pineapple, half onions & bell peppers.

Domino's website lists it as 190 calories per piece, but I logged it at 209 and had a little snack before bed.

Anyone else love indulging on pizza? I was down 4 lbs this morning so it was my reward for doing great these past 3 weeks but I still was smart with it. :)

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'll have two slices per meal, but not the entire thing at once. Moderation, and all that.
  • bewickfree
    bewickfree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Good luck with your guts. I ate a sunny side up burger, fried pickle chips and Chinese all in one day after about a month of clean eating. It was miserable. My body literally EJECTED that grease!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, but I usually have to make it. Not many pizzarias offer dairy-free cheese for some reason. I love Mellow Mushroom, but there isn't one near my house.

Places like Dominos and Papa John's need to realize that the lactose intolerant are a big market!
  • BryanK1977
    BryanK1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Actually I felt fine all day long and even today. Since I stayed within my calorie goal, and grease has never really bothered me, I am good.

I've been doing great with moderating my food intake but sometimes you just wanna splurge a little.
    bewickfree wrote: »
    Oh wow. Good luck with your guts. I ate a sunny side up burger, fried pickle chips and Chinese all in one day after about a month of clean eating. It was miserable. My body literally EJECTED that grease!

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've had pizza 2-3 times in the last year. Last time I ate half of a medium thin crust from dominos and it was delicious. If it's handtossed or pan, I'll only eat a couple pieces.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, but I usually have to make it. Not many pizzarias offer dairy-free cheese for some reason. I love Mellow Mushroom, but there isn't one near my house.

Places like Dominos and Papa John's need to realize that the lactose intolerant are a big market!

I'm not sure where you are located but Panago has Daiya cheese :)
  • bewickfree
    bewickfree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BryanK1977 wrote: »
    Actually I felt fine all day long and even today. Since I stayed within my calorie goal, and grease has never really bothered me, I am good.

I've been doing great with moderating my food intake but sometimes you just wanna splurge a little.
    bewickfree wrote: »

You lucky dog! This girl is jealous!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I have had days where I've eaten pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, just.... not all at once.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have been known to carb binge once in a while, and pizza is definately one of my vices....

But I try not to do it very often; have been trying to stay low carb, and have been considering Keto for a while.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own too, with a store bought crust and my own toppings, but last weekend when I almost burned the house down making dinner (not a happy story) we ordered from Papa Johns. I was still within my calorie limit, but the sodium was WAY over the recommended daily allowance. No tummy trouble either. I think I have a new plan to get takeout pizza more often...........
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, but only had 2 slices since Jan. 1st this year... #focusongoals
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I hate you. Haha, just kidding! Pizza just sounds really good right now and I don't even eat the stuff. I am about to have an orange though :|
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    @cross2bear which store-bought crust do you get and from where? I like thin, crispy crusts and have been wanting to make my own pizza for a while but didn't know what was good.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Man ....I'll polish of a large thin crust double pepperoni with green chile just because it's a day that ends in y.
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'll get a Delite thin crust whatever pizza from papa murphys. Two slices is enough to fill me with some salad on the side. Then it lasts for 4 whole meals as well.

Can't eat normal crust pizza anymore. Too much crust tears up my insides.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating a whole pizza every now and then, so long as it's REALLY every now and then.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    @cross2bear which store-bought crust do you get and from where? I like thin, crispy crusts and have been wanting to make my own pizza for a while but didn't know what was good.

I'm in Canada, and use Presidents Choice pizza crusts - two thin crusts per pack, available at Loblaws.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    we went to our fave local specialty pizza restaursnt place. one of those fancy pizza places but they have the best pizza ever.. super thin.. we got a large (large is double take out large) wings and a salad plus jack and cokes. we ate every bite. This morning hiked 6 miles so i believe im probably almost (alllmoooosssttt) breaking even haha.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I had a 1200 calorie pizza feast last night so I walked around the living room (fitbit) until I burned the majority of the effer off! Today I will also cut a couple hundred calories to fully make up for it.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Before I changed MFP calculations to a low carb diet, I was able to eat 2 slices of dominos medium pizza for dinner and still be below my goals.