Bad weekend

Options
Has pizza for dinner Friday night and then again on Saturday after at a ChuckEcheese birthday party. My only saving grace all the running I did after my 2 grand daughters. Starting off the week on better footing. I want to win my game and participate in more. Guess I shouldn't cry over eaten pizza. Just move and keep going.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, keep on logging. Pizza happens but pizza is not bad, eating too many calories are bad.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Most of my weekends have been "bad" lately. Can't change yesterday but back on it today! Don't quit and never give up!!
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Lol @ not crying over eaten pizza - cute analogy. Good attitude, keep it up..!
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My weekends are my downfall every week. I blow right through my weekly average all the time.

What I've found the best damage control to be is cut back on breakfast and drinks on sat/sun. Then treadmill the quilt away on Monday.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on :smile:
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with pizza? Pizza rules!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Log it, learn from it, and move on. Besides, if you were having pizza to celebrate something, nothing wrong with that. But then, I'm a Southerner, we celebrate everything with food! Just adjust where you can and remember, one bad day (or weekend) isn't going to sabotage you or make you a failure. ^_^
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I understand. Went a full days worth of calories over on Saturday and 300 over on Sunday. But today is a new day. It's better to not dwell on it and just step your game back up. If it really bothers you that much, you can adjust the weekday cals to make up for some of the weekend cals.
  • hikes1970
    hikes1970 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It is over so let it go. Maybe it was a good thing RE: resetting hormone levels(leptin). Find the silver lining :)
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    We all stumble along our personal health/fitness journeys. Like you said, no use in crying over it. Just regroup and do better today. :) One slip won't ruin all the progress you've made.
  • kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a pretty bad day for me as far as diet once I got home in the evening and turned on Netflix (House of Cards marathon, anyone?) and I ended up not looking forward to my weigh-in today, but I guess I did well enough the rest of the week that it didn't do too much damage (I was still down 1.6 pounds from last week!). And I managed to run four miles this afternoon which did wonders for my self-esteem and all. I'm doing better with learning that it's how you are in the long run and one day won't undo all the hard work that's been put in already :smile:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know...What's wrong with pizza?

Did you go over your calories for two days? If so, OK, move on. It's a little blip. Don't beat yourself up for it.

Next time you might be wanting pizza, plan for it - either eat lighter for breakfast and lunch and allow lots of additional calories to really enjoy 2 - 3 slices of pizza later on, or bank some workout calories to enjoy a slice or two of pizza without going over your goal....or save enough calories to have just one slice of pizza and fill up on something less calorie dense like a big garden salad....nothing wrong with pizza, nothing to be guilty over...it's divine. Enjoy.
  • madfredand4
    madfredand4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. Back on track. Am even below my calories today. I'm moving on.