What Motivated You to Finally Lose Weight?

2»

Replies

• Morglez
    Morglez Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2016
    Wow, congrats on your loss! So inspiring!

I have been on this journey several times and have gotten off track just as many times. However, now I am taking it more seriously. My motivation is my knees. Carrying all this weight has really done a number on them. I am no longer able to kneel down or squat down. (I carry a TON of my weight in my legs, so when I try to kneel down or squat, it puts a LOT of strain on my ligaments and the joint in general!) I am just about to finish up school and will hopefully be graduating in May. I am earning my degree as a veterinary nurse... a career that requires being able to get down on the ground, kneeling, and squatting, etc. As I started this semester it hit me: I am about to graduate, and no clinic is going to want to hire me without being able to do those things. I am angry with myself for wasting time these last two years that I have been in school. However, I am now more motivated than ever. I may not be able to work as soon as I graduate, but I am going to work my butt off (literally...) so that I can get out there and work in a career that I love. Obviously, there are other factors like being out of breath all the time, having NO energy, not being able to be active without getting completely exhausted, etc. But the biggest motivator is my knees.

Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend, BTW.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I could not do much for a while, do to severe back pain. Now that it's under control for the most part, I can weight train like I used to. One goal was to get off of my blood pressure medication, which I have.