Today I gained 2.5lbs
I'm 100% logging weighing measuring everything
213lbs 46 and 5'2 on 1300-1400 calories

Need to get past this scales love hate thingy lol

Replies

• Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Stop depending on a pair of damn scales lol, Keep moving forward!
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you are 100% logging everything and weighing solids and using cups for liquids than you did not gain fat. It's likley water weight.

Are you weighing yourself at the same time everyday either naked or in the same clothes after using the toilet?

Fluctuations are totally normal. As said above it could be water weight, waste that has yet to leave your body, if your female your cycle can add. ect.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month, and that's only to get an idea of how on track I am. Other than that, I don't like to step on the scale. Even if the scale reads 1lb less than the previous month I weighed myself, it's still better than anything I did all of last year (which was nothing). Also, I do notice a difference in the way most of my pants fit (meaning, they are much looser!), so while I do rely on the scale to show I'm actually losing, I don't let it bother me if I'm only down a little.
  • hedkie
    hedkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm doing my first-ever scale-free weight loss program, and lo and behold i'm losing more weight -- as evidenced, say, by clothing fit -- than ever before, plus feel WAY better about myself. everybody's needs are different, but i'm counting calories and exercise, then just estimating weight loss based on that data ...
    >>> i.e. i'm acting in every way as though i am in fact following a weight-based program. but i'm just never actually checking my weight! sure my metabolism's slow because of some health problems plus i eat a lot of salt so i'm probably not losing quite as much weight as my estimates indicate. but like i said, based on clothing this is the best i've ever done and for once i feel proud 24/7 instead of discouraged nearly 24/7 ...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I love my current set that I have used for 5 years. I can get off and on 5 times and each time the readout is the same typically. I use these scales to track my net CICO results each morning as @LushFix described.
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Have a family member hide it and only use it once or twice a month...
  • nutritionK
    nutritionK Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here are a few tricks so you can get along better with scales, the thing is they can be your best friend and at the same time your worst enemy. Your weight can be affected by so many reasons and it can change a lot during the day (up to 1 kg). For example if you east high sodium foods you will gain water weight, if you are going to the gym and gaining some muscle in your scale might look like you've gain weight but you may have also lost body fat, if you have food in your body that you haven't eliminated yet it will look like you have also gained some weight. Stop weighing daily. Sometimes you mirror can be a great reference along with your measures.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You could use Trendweight.com to track your weight.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I actually have a love/hate with my scale. But with the hate part- I just get mad at it and remind myself I'm doing everything right and be patient. I've had ups and downs and some days no change, but it does eventually go down. Keep doing what you know is right.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thankyou for all your replies I weigh regularly as in my head if the scales don't show a loss then I think I'm not doing it right of course I know after 28 years how to do this so the scales do need to be used less lol

Thanks again :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Do you take measurements? I've found that to be way more satisfying than the scale.
  • size102b
    Options
    I am monthly measuring first month restart last month was
    -8 inches off
    bust - 2
    Waist -2
    Hips -2
    Upper arms -1
    Thighs -1

Is that good !

Thanks
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yes. Today I hate the scales. I began here Jan 6th and have saw a loss each week. Until today. TOM is impending and today I saw a two pound gain.

Yes. Today I hate the scales :|
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you are going to weigh yourself everyday, use a trending app like trendweight.com or happy scales.

I weigh myself every day (first thing in the morning). Some of my numbers from this week are:

Saturday - 141.7
    Sunday - 144.3
    Monday -141.1

You really can't freak out over daily fluctuation. Last week, my lightest was 140 and heaviest 144.3. Trendweight.com tells me I'm 142.5.

I ate a bratwurst with lots of very salty sauerkraut (yummy) Saturday night and gained 2.6 pounds in what I can only assume is water retention.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have a constant battle in my head of my hatred of the scale but my love of data. I think it's so cool when people weigh themselves every day and have that cool graph showing they are actually losing weight even when the scale says they aren't. But I hate hate hate normal daily fluctuations in my body and I get completely discouraged when I eat a lot of salt and weigh more the next day.
  • size102b
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone I lost 2lbs over night very odd still 1/2pb heavier on the week but I know it's not fat
    Keep plodding along
    Thankyou
  • size102b
    Options
    I agree just 28 years of being taught your weight is what the scales say & that number is your health is as I know wrong but getting out that mindset isn't the easiest