NOT LOSING WEIGHT HELP?!

Options

Replies

• Charlotte122016
    Charlotte122016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've also heard the saying "muscle weighs more than fat" so maybe you've lost actual fat but gained muscle mass and weight from your exercise? There are machines in most boots stores that you pay for and stop on and they tell you your weight height Bmi and body fat mass or possibly doctors could tell you? I hope this helps?

Amazing thank you!
  • Charlotte122016
    Options
    How tall are you? 138 lbs (9 st 12) isn't going to be terribly overweight unless you're very, very short. Not only does having little weight to lose mean you have to be uber-accurate with your measuring, but I'd also question whether or not you really have a stone of weight to lose, or perhaps if some body recomposition work would be a better goal for you.

I am 5'6 and weigh 9 stone 12 currently. I would be happy to be a solid 9 stone and then do body re composition work, any advice you can offer in terms of my workouts? What would be best?

• kerryntrainor106
    kerryntrainor106 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've also heard the saying "muscle weighs more than fat" so maybe you've lost actual fat but gained muscle mass and weight from your exercise? There are machines in most boots stores that you pay for and stop on and they tell you your weight height Bmi and body fat mass or possibly doctors could tell you? I hope this helps?

Women are not going to gain significant muscle mass in 21 days on a 1,200 calorie diet. It just isn't going to happen.
    That's alright, was just thinking that COULD have been why. I was saying she could have found that out lol. I don't know it was just a thought
  • kerryntrainor106
    kerryntrainor106 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Amazing thank you!

You're welcome! I hope it helps another girl just told me that's not possible or something so I might be wrong :/ but at least you know where the machines are, I hope they help! Xx

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Amazing thank you!

You're welcome! I hope it helps another girl just told me that's not possible or something so I might be wrong :/ but at least you know where the machines are, I hope they help! Xx

Read this

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/index.php/free-content/free-content/volume-1-issue-3-the-pitfalls-of-body-fat-measurement-parts-1-and-2/the-pitfalls-of-body-fat-measurement-part-1/
  • mellyo77
    mellyo77 Posts: 214 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    :D
  • mellyo77
    Options
    Also on some days where your calories are closer to your goal, its because you drank a latte that came in over 200 calories. Not trying to pick, just observations
  • queenliz99
    Options
    mellyo77 wrote: »
    I took a peek at your diary you calories seem very low on some days....like on one day you only ate just over 700 calories. If you aren't eating enough your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to the food you do eat. Also I think logging your alcohol is huge. You have to log everything and pay close attention. I meal prepped for the week and so I added in my whole day of calories this morning - I wasn't paying enough attention and I had logged chicken breast fillets that were actually 60 calories more than what the verified entry was - so I would have over eaten 120 calories - not a huge deal but it shows the importance of paying attention

Starvation mode is a myth. read this

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • Charlotte122016
    Options
    Also on some days where your calories are closer to your goal, its because you drank a latte that came in over 200 calories. Not trying to pick, just observations

Interesting to know, no love the picking!! Thanks for the help

• mellyo77
    Options

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/[/quote]

You can find evidence to support any theory - whether a myth or not, nobody should be existing on little over 700 calories a day

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

What's the relevance of the latte?
  • mellyo77
    Options
    If you are eating 700 calories a day - you aren't eating what is considered a safe amount of calories. My point being on some days when calories are up - its because of a 200 calorie latte - just a simple point
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

You can find evidence to support any theory - whether a myth or not, nobody should be existing on little over 700 calories a day

Starvation mode as described by diet gurus is a myth. Your body doesn't magically hold onto fat just because you eat too little. If you burn more calories than you consume, however you do it, you will still lose weight. Just not necessarily in a healthy manner.

Eating too little isn't good for you as your body won't get the nutrition it needs and will eventually start consuming muscle mass for fuel. That is actual starvation and malnutrition and is really really BAD.
  • janejellyroll
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you are eating 700 calories a day - you aren't eating what is considered a safe amount of calories. My point being on some days when calories are up - its because of a 200 calorie latte - just a simple point

700 calories isn't a safe amount. But it's pretty clear that OP has been accidentally underlogging some items (after all, she isn't losing weight) and not logging some items at all.

I'm still not sure what the significance of the latte is. What's the difference between having a latte and having some other 200 calorie item?
  • mellyo77
    Options
    At the end of the day, that was my point, eating too little is terrible for your health and counter productive - in whatever aspect.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    At the end of the day, that was my point, eating too little is terrible for your health and counter productive - in whatever aspect.

But for 21 days, OP hasn't lost any weight. Whatever the issue is here, I don't think it is undereating.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Her logging is off or she would be losing. People die from not eating.
  • mellyo77
    Options

700 calories isn't a safe amount. But it's pretty clear that OP has been accidentally underlogging some items (after all, she isn't losing weight) and not logging some items at all.

I'm still not sure what the significance of the latte is. What's the difference between having a latte and having some other 200 calorie item?

Well it is my opinion - I believe Im still allowed to have one - that when eating so little the quality of your calories matters. Again its my opinion I believe I am still entitled to that ? I forget on the forums when we post we don't just respond to the person asking the question we have to also have to pass it by everyone else's expertise lol
  • queenliz99
    edited March 2016
    Options

Well it is my opinion - I believe Im still allowed to have one - that when eating so little the quality of your calories matters. Again its my opinion I believe I am still entitled to that ? I forget on the forums when we post we don't just respond to the person asking the question we have to also have to pass it by everyone else's expertise lol

You are entitled to your opinions but not your own facts.