Philadelphia cooking cream italian herb and chicken

Options
I need some of your favorite recipes for these 2 ingredients. Ready, Set, Go!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    How much Fat, Calories and Sodium is in that?
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    the recipe that is on the container is super yummy and if you use whole grain pasta you can get the calorie count to down around something like 300. i'd have to go look at me recipes to remember it exactly. i was able to get 6 servings when i made it. i think it only says 4 on the recipe though.

found the recipe i used and the ingreidants. it's actually 400 per serving not 300. the numbers listed next to each ingrediant calories, carbs, fat, protein, calcium and sodium. not horrible with the exception of the sodium. due to that this is my very, very rare and special occasion meal.

Ingredients
    Kroger - Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, 16 oz (112 gm) 440 0 4 92 8 880
    Barilla Whole Wheat Pasta - Linguine, 1 container (14 oz ea.) 1,400 287 11 49 0 0
    Kroger - Frozen Stir-Fry Vegetables, 1 container (4 cups ea.) 120 20 0 4 8 80
    Philadelphia Cooking Creme - Italian Cheese & Herb, 1 container (1 cup ea.) 440 20 36 16 32 1,920

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Calcium Sodium
    Total: 2400 327 51 161 48 2880
    Serving: 400 55 9 27 8 480
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    dragonbait is right, and it is quite yummy! too bad my tummy doesn't like the cooking creme or I would make it at home. I had it at my parents house.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was making this quite often as our healthy meal before I started this journey and really understood the breakdown of the calories, sodium etc. I even used whole grain pasta. Now I would make it on occasion only. It's pretty good though.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    What does that cooking cream taste like?
    I was going to buy some but got put off by the long ingredient list and thought that it couldn't taste good or be good for me.
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    OMG I am ADDICTED to that stuff!!!!!!!!!!
    I like to cut the chicken into chuncks and cook it with mixed veggies....usually broccoli, carrots and sugar snap peas......once cooked, add the cooking creme, then serve over brown rice....MMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I made Chicken Florentine with it....very yummy!

Chicken Breasts - Great Value, 8 oz breast
    Barilla Plus - Whole Grain Rotini, 6 oz
    Kraft Philadelphia - Cooking Creme - Savory Garlic, 1 container (1 cup ea.)
    Oil - Olive, 1 tsp 40
    Spinach - Frozen, chopped or leaf, unprepared, 0.5 package (10 oz)
    Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 10 strips
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia)
    Great Value - Broccoli Stir Fry Frozen Vegitables, 0.5 container (4 1/2 cups ea.)
    Chicken Broth - 33% Less Sodium (Swanson), 0.15 cup

Per Serving: 237

This was for 6 servings.

Cut up chicken and cook in the Olive Oil, add onion and peppers and some chicken broth if needed. Add the frozen veggies and then the cooking creme. Add cooked pasta and some of the pasta cooking water as needed.