When do you stop being cold?

Options
Hi y'all. I'm 10 pounds away from my goal (over 20 pounds down) and I'm FREEZING ALL THE TIME. I live in Texas. It is really not that cold, but I can only warm up with help from external sources (heater/the sun/boyfriend).

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do besides (obviously) more layers? Does it stop?

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintainance for 4 years and I'm still ALWAYS cold. Fingers and feet are the worst.

I haven't found any fixes other than "dealing with it".
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I stopped being cold when I stopped eating in a deficit. Two winters ago I was fat and eating in a deficit and cold. One winter ago I was at a healthy weight and not eating in a deficit and fine. This winter I was at pretty much the same healthy weight and eating in a deficit and cold.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Never.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yup, for me when i stopped being in a deficit and eating at maintenance.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helped me was when I started to build muscle. The more muscle I build the warmer I am! Although I am still cold a lot of the time, the muscle helps.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    When it gets over 85F, or when I am pregnant, LOL. I'm adapted for a tropical climate, not winter.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    emmahhjo wrote: »
    Hi y'all. I'm 10 pounds away from my goal (over 20 pounds down) and I'm FREEZING ALL THE TIME. I live in Texas. It is really not that cold, but I can only warm up with help from external sources (heater/the sun/boyfriend).

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do besides (obviously) more layers? Does it stop?

I lost 110lbs last year, I'm cold all the damn time now. HATE IT!
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Never had this problem when I was thin. Maybe your anemic?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ha! I can't believe you posted this. I've only been at it for a little less than 2 weeks right now, and I've been cold all the time. It's driving me crazy. I'm under a double fleece blanket right now with the heat turned up.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS cold, to the point that I've always got a space heater on my nightstand pointed directly at me. I'm anemic. Only time I'm not cold is when I go outside in the dead of summer (I, too, live in Texas).

If it just started once you started eating at a deficit, perhaps that's why. Maybe since you're eating less, you're getting less iron?

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Since I don't sweat I generally get warm very quickly. Heck I helped my hubby build a grill yesterday outside and it was at most 40℉ and I was perfectly fine with a thin jacket.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I live in Miami and I am constantly cold since losing weight. Not outside but basically anywhere indoors because the AC is always on. But, 20 lbs ago I found the AC tolerable, now I find it completely intolerable.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold too. Except in the Summer, but I still need to keep a sweater in the car because I freeze every time I go in a shop or restaurant because of the AC...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've slept outside in a tent* in temperatures as low as 7 degrees Fahrenheit. Y'all who are cold** aren't dressing properly.

* regular tent, not a winter tent
    ** disclaimer for rare medical conditions
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Start with SOREL Manawans plus cotton socks and wool socks.

933505-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
  • Morglez
    Morglez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I was at a nice thin, healthy weight, I was ALWAYS cold. One of my managers at the time joked that I was like a reptile and had to bask in the sun just to get warm. Not so much now that I have loads of extra insulation, lol. In fact I have the opposite problem... hot too easy!
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Time will eventually solve this problem - menopause!!!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm also always cold, although it was a little worse when I was at my lowest weight. However, I've gained some weight back and I'm still cold, so I guess it never goes away for some of us!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helped me was when I started to build muscle. The more muscle I build the warmer I am! Although I am still cold a lot of the time, the muscle helps.

This is exactly what I was going to post. Back when I was doing cardio only I was cold all the time. Then I switched to mainly lifting and I'm rarely cold. Not that I have much muscle mass, but what little I have is better insulation than fat or no muscle at all.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    emmahhjo wrote: »

You'll stop being cold in your late 40s. :) Then you'll be peeling off your clothes and sticking your head in the freezer during hot flashes.