Cambridge diet?

Options
Hi,

I am a new member and looking to lose 2st after a baby. Weight issues have troubled me for 20 years. Genetically, it's been a lot harder for me to lose. This time I am pushing myself harder and seriously watching carbs. I have already lost 1st and am probably hitting a plateau despite being physically active too. I know someone who just lost 2 st on Cambridge diet. I am wondering if to break the plateau I should bite the bullet too.

Any thoughts?
Cheers

Replies

• elektrobank
    elektrobank Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I don't do well with extremely low cal either. But this person still looks amazing and says she feels fine. That's why I wondered if I should try it for a bit.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I don't do well with extremely low cal either. But this person still looks amazing and says she feels fine. That's why I wondered if I should try it for a bit.

If she sells it she will be lying about being on it....every single person I see on it looks like crap. Save your cash.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Definitely seconding... or thirding the notion of not going this route. I have to bite my tongue with friends being suckered into Thrive as a weightloss thing. It comes down to keeping track of what you're eating. Use it as a chance to look up awesome recipes to share with your family.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'll say what I said to someone else earlier, any diet with a brand name is a scam. Losing weight is as simple as cutting calories, that has always worked and always will work. So somebody offering you something different to that or trying to complicate it should be ignored. It's like someone telling you they've got something for your car to move on that will solve all of your travel problems instead of wheels.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The Cambridge diet is horrendous. My mum and I tried it years ago and it did no good at all. We were constantly hungry, no energy, thought about food ALL the time and it cost a fortune.

Please don't do this, you're far better off sticking to a calorie goal that enables you to lose weight safely. You don't need to throw away loads of money and feel constantly hungry.
  • elektrobank
    elektrobank Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have a one year old who demands a lot of energy and mental strength. I have been watching my calories with this app and am already feeling great. I have dropped the idea.

But in the interest of clarity, the person on this diet doesn't sell the products. She works in my son's nursery which is rather demanding physically. I asked her how her energy levels were and she was fine. It's the second time she has tried it and lost weight.

But I see your point considering I can't mentally focus if feeling hungry constantly. It's a short term and unsustainable, I agree.
  • ClaireLK1987
    ClaireLK1987 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As the others have said...Don't do it! I'm guessing you're English (?); I did a diet called slim and save (650 Cals per day) (you might have heard of it?) before my wedding in 2013... I lost 5 stone quickly...Started eating normally again and gained it all back plus some. It did my body no favours whatsoever and is absolutely miserable!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Where's Rick Grimes when you need him?
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I contacted a Cambridge diet counsellor

advised me to have bariatric surgery

and wouldn't sell me the product, thankfully

since lost 63lb using MFP
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry to disagree with everyone it’s the only diet that suits me I lost 7 stone on it went off it for a while and I am back on it again after a heavy Christmas as I have 3 stone to loose!
    As soon as I get into Ketosis I stop being hungry and feel fabulous with lots of energy. I have never ever had any problems with it.

So you went off of it and weight came back? Do you plan to stay on it for the rest of your life? Because if you don't, you will just yo-yo because yes, when you are on it it might work, but as soon as you go back to eating normally, you will gain. Better to just eat normally and realistically lower your calories to something sustainable than this "diet".
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I’m sorry to disagree with everyone it’s the only diet that suits me I lost 7 stone on it went off it for a while and I am back on it again after a heavy Christmas as I have 3 stone to loose!
    As soon as I get into Ketosis I stop being hungry and feel fabulous with lots of energy. I have never ever had any problems with it.

So you went off of it and weight came back? Do you plan to stay on it for the rest of your life? Because if you don't, you will just yo-yo because yes, when you are on it it might work, but as soon as you go back to eating normally, you will gain. Better to just eat normally and realistically lower your calories to something sustainable than this "diet".

And she resurrected an 18 month old dead thread to tell everyone she regained 3 stone and has to do it again but it works :/

Misery loves company I guess......
  • Aimeealiciaxxx
    Aimeealiciaxxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do not do it !!!!

I’ve tried it twice !!!!

It’s ridiculous

And a lot of people and also the consultants continue to use the products indefinitely to manage their weight and stop it going back on !!!!!! Trust me !!!

Avoid like the plague