fit bit charge or fitbit charge hr?

2»

Replies

• fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    I just picked up a fit bit charge and I noticed some of the calories burned or steps to me seem off cause on days I know I wasn't that active so now i,m kinda skeptical on the fitbit and how in the app every mourning it reads i've burnt calories already .

I switched from a jawbone up 24 and that seemed a bit more accurate and my mourning reading all started at 0 and through out my day it changed.

it may just be my band or maybe I didn't set up correctly .

anyone else have this type of issue with there fitbit?

The reason your fitbit shows you burned calories when you get up is because you DO burn calories when you are sleeping, it is just adding up calories based on the information you input when you set it up. If you don't wear it at all, at the end of the day it will show what your estimated BMR is....
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    fvtfan wrote: »
    I just picked up a fit bit charge and I noticed some of the calories burned or steps to me seem off cause on days I know I wasn't that active so now i,m kinda skeptical on the fitbit and how in the app every mourning it reads i've burnt calories already .

I switched from a jawbone up 24 and that seemed a bit more accurate and my mourning reading all started at 0 and through out my day it changed.

The reason your fitbit shows you burned calories when you get up is because you DO burn calories when you are sleeping, it is just adding up calories based on the information you input when you set it up. If you don't wear it at all, at the end of the day it will show what your estimated BMR is....

oh ok thanks for the info I was confused due to the fat the jawbone 24 would start me every mourning at 0 thanks
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    I have the HR and while I love it for step counting, the HR is NOT accurate for anything besides steady rate cardio. IWhen going between sprints or sprint/ run 9/10 when I look for HR I cant calucuate it, it's bunch of lines ....
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    HR if only so you have the watch-like band vs the one the Charge comes with.
  • watcher1600
    watcher1600 Posts: 11 Member

I had the same issue i got rid of my fitbit and bought the garmin vivosmarthr and i love it, the step count is more accurate. You might want to check out this link
    http://www.wthr.com/story/31285468/sometimes-your-fitness-tracker-lies-a-lot-fitbit-jawbone-garmin-ifit-misfit-accuracy
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    I have the HR and while I love it for step counting, the HR is NOT accurate for anything besides steady rate cardio. IWhen going between sprints or sprint/ run 9/10 when I look for HR I cant calucuate it, it's bunch of lines ....

You might want to contact Fitbit for a replacement.

Mine is very accurate.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    I don't know about the Charge HR, but mine fell apart so I decided to not get another Charge, I went with the Alta instead. I had already gotten a replacement once for my Charge and I didn't think I'd be able to get another one so I just bought a different model.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    fvtfan wrote: »

oh ok thanks for the info I was confused due to the fat the jawbone 24 would start me every mourning at 0 thanks

Fitbit resets at midnight
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    I don't know about the Charge HR, but mine fell apart so I decided to not get another Charge, I went with the Alta instead. I had already gotten a replacement once for my Charge and I didn't think I'd be able to get another one so I just bought a different model.

They would have sent you another. I'm on my 3rd one. First one I broke by having it on to tight doing burpees, that replacement had a battery issue and that ones replacement has been perfect,
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    I have Charge HR because I wanted a more accurate count of my calories burned. In my opinion it's pretty accurate, and honestly I think looking at the heart rate changes on the app. The HR also has a little diagram that says whether or not you're in your max heart range or not.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I was considering Polar's A360 if I was going to go with something that detects heart rate and had smart watch features. I love fitbit but I've always used Polar for heart rate monitors. I also liked the idea of being able to use one device for workouts and all day activity tracking. However, I decided to go with the fitbit Alta because I didn't want to commit to wearing a bigger watch everyday. Before that I'd been using the fitbit one that clips on my bra and is hidden.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited March 2016

They would have sent you another. I'm on my 3rd one. First one I broke by having it on to tight doing burpees, that replacement had a battery issue and that ones replacement has been perfect,

I lost it and found it later in a box of cereal, Fitbit sent a replacement anyway. I gave away the one I got for free to my boyfriend's mom, who said she wanted it, I really doubt customer service would have sent me a new one and even if they did, I do not want the Charge anymore knowing that it might fall apart again in less than a year. Plus the stainless steel has nickel in it and I am allergic, it was giving me rashes. Since the Alta is half the size of the charge and the buckle isn't touching my skin, I shouldn't have any more reactions and I don't have to worry about it falling apart the same way since the Alta is designed for interchangable bands.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    HR is great so far. Sleep data is interesting as well.
  • turtle2hurdle
    turtle2hurdle Posts: 2 Member
    I really like my HR. The green light wakes(for HR monitoring) me up at night sometimes, but I'm a light sleeper and don't wear the band extremely tight.