Do you use a CPAP machine?

Options
I've just picked mine up today, going to use it for the first time tonight.

Have you used one? Does it help you? Did you hate it? Has it helped you gain more energy, so you can work out more?

Did you find you lost weight easier with it? Or did you gain weight?

Replies

• XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Have you used one? Does it help you? Did you hate it? Has it helped you gain more energy, so you can work out more?

Yes, for years now. When I did the test I could not believe how much better I slept after they put it on in the middle of the night. Sleep apnea and a blown out thyroid are what I blame for my weight gain that got me to my present state, just no energy as I was not getting a good nights sleep.

I now have decent energy but it was no magic pill for weight loss but no weight gain either.

I'm to the point where I actually like it as it immediately puts me to sleep when I put it on.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I've used one for years... it's a love/hate thing.

I hate that I can't sleep without it, I hate the occasional sore nose and that it restricts some of my activities.

I love that I can get a deep sleep and feel rested. Rest means energy.

I was thin when I got it so can't comment on losing weight with it though.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i don't use one... but both my hubby, and oldest son use them.. and while it was a challenge to get used to, both finally feel it sure has made things better for them.

as a side note *L*... i am so used to the sound of hubby's machine now that i find it harder to go to sleep when he is NOT wearing it *L* (and not just because he snores more... it's the sound of the machine that i am so used to now *L*)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options

I do not have one but my boyfriend does and he's sitting right here!
    It definitely helps, he no longer wakes up through the night. And, from a partners perspective, he no longer snores...AT ALL. The CPAP he chose is also whisper quiet and it''s not a full mask so it's not too bad. He has a lot more energy and no longer dozes off while sitting watching TV or trying to have a conversation later in the night . He's only had it for about a month and a half but has not yet noticed a gain or loss.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Per my hubby who's had one for 8 years.... definately helped overall. more energy, felt refreshed even after the first night. becuase more energetic, easier to work out (rather than falling asleep on the couch). as weight came off, needed less air flow/pressure from the machine. from me who had to deal wtih him before, it's made a huge difference with him. he's lost 100 pounds since his heaviest weight around 5-6 years ago and mostly kept it off! good luck. we think you'll like it.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i don't use one... but both my hubby, and oldest son use them.. and while it was a challenge to get used to, both finally feel it sure has made things better for them.

as a side note *L*... i am so used to the sound of hubby's machine now that i find it harder to go to sleep when he is NOT wearing it *L* (and not just because he snores more... it's the sound of the machine that i am so used to now *L*)

That's kinda awesome and funny!
  • ShunkyDave
    Options
    we think you'll like it.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Used one for a couple of months, didnt help me at all :(
  • ShunkyDave
    Options
    Used one for a couple of months, didnt help me at all :(

Did your Dr make any changes or recommendations? Were you still snoring/choking?
  • LaceyBeauty
    LaceyBeauty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Actually my husband works for an oxygen company and supplies CPAP systems. If you have questions, he's your man! He's on here too nato2.