NSV

Options
I started weight training a round the first of the year. I have very weak upper body due to breast cancer and surgeries. I was making progress - nothing real noticible until last week when I took a core class and was able to hold a plank for one minute! I know - nothing great but it thrilled me. Now today I went into the core class and did 4 1 minute planks with the Bosu ball! I was so psyched! I have also increased my weights this week. Then I thought about it....I started where I couldn't even do a bench press with just the bar (45 lbs) and now I am up to 95 lbs. I haven't lost weigh or inches but I am getting stronger and that just excites me so much I had to share!

Replies

• MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! Congratulations!!! :)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!!! Congrats!! :)
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have always been a cardio bunny but I am really enjoying the weight lifting. I can really see such improvement. It is helping me with swimming too!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm jealous! Great job!
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done, great work!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • Carla1962Shaw2015
    Carla1962Shaw2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I will get there! Instead of focusing on weight loss I am focusing on strength and all the rest will fall into place. I am loving it! Thanks for your encouragement!
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wow, 95lbs is impressive bench if you say you have poor upper body strength and you started out struggling with the empty bar! I'm currently stuck at 37.5kg for my bench which is about 82lbs but I'll perservere.
    Congratulations on your achievements - good job!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    That is so great! A piece of my lingerie was way too tight on me and now it is way loose.