Question about noticing results?

Options
I know this is asked a lot and I probably asked before, but when will I start to notice results? I have been on a diet/exercise routine since May 2nd and I supposedly lost 10 pounds according to the scale, but nothing more. I don't even see the difference. I still have the ugly side rolls. And I don't even think I'm losing any more weight :( I've been doing so well but seeing nothing. Ugh, how do I change this? I'm exercising with the FIRM right now but it's only week one.

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I couldn't really notice a big difference in the way I looked until about 20 lbs but of course every body is different. Taking pictures along the way (every 10 lbs or so) helps too so when you're not feeling like there's progress you can go back and usually tell more from pictures. Just stick with it and you'll be seeing the results you're looking for soon! And CONGRATS on the loss already!!! :smile:
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    Take measurements, and notive the difference in how your clothes fit. becuase I was once told, no matter how much weight you lose..... The reflection in the mirror never changes. So take it serious when other notive, because They will see it when you cannot!

Ex. c my pic, until i saw these side by side, I didnt think I was losing anything
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    There is a topic I read a while back on these forums that explains this SO WELL. But one part I do remember--for many people, the first 3-5 lbs is often water weight...and you most likely may not see that result in the mirror. And then the topic talked about how most of us get to this plateau you are talking about and explained 'why and how' so well. I wish I knew how to search for it. Do some searching on here and see what you find. As you said, you are just one of many who have come across this problem. You will get through it, just give it time. It took about 12-15 lbs before I really started to notice a difference. I DEFINITELY recommend taking before pictures, as you can REALLY see a difference when comparing before and after photos...it can be hard to notice a difference when we see ourselves in the mirror day in and day out. Good luck and keep going!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Taking measurements helps - waist, chest, hips, thighs, arms. It's difficult to notice on your body but when you measure yourself you will see the difference. And yes, taking pictures helps too. Sometimes we forget what we looked like when we started since we see ourself everyday.

Just keep going, pretty soon you won't believe the difference. Great job!!
  • bluegirl91
    Options
    Everyone's body is different and when you lose weight it's not necessarily where you want to lose it first. I have those little side rolls too and they drive me nuts. Chances are you're losing weight in places you don't immediately notice. Congratulations on losing 10 lbs and I'm sure you'll start to see it soon! ^_^
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    I noticed results around 30 pounds or so. However, it's not YOU that will notice the results first. My family were the ones that did before I saw it. Look to those that you don't see often, and haven't told you're on this journey to be the best ones to show that you are starting to look like results are showing up.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Definitely suggest measuring. If you don't want to see the numbers just use string. I've had string in my bathroom cupboard for 2 years that I remark sometimes if I start doing something new. I'm down 19 pounds from when I originally cut the string and it sure feels great to put it around my waist where it used to be and see ACTUAL progress. In fact, my waist string now fits around my hips!!! My hips are as big as my waist used to be! That feels good.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Taking measurements helps - waist, chest, hips, thighs, arms. It's difficult to notice on your body but when you measure yourself you will see the difference. And yes, taking pictures helps too. Sometimes we forget what we looked like when we started since we see ourself everyday.

Just keep going, pretty soon you won't believe the difference. Great job!!

Agreed and take them the same time every week. Same time of day as well. Self image is a big part of what we see in the mirror. Even at my weight loss I don't see a huge change, others do. Our ego's always paint what we see in the mirror.

At the end of the day, you are creating a better and healthier you. All the effort will pay off, just don't give up. You will have good and bad weeks, but keep your eye on the prize and push. You'll do just fine.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Take measurements, and notive the difference in how your clothes fit. becuase I was once told, no matter how much weight you lose..... The reflection in the mirror never changes. So take it serious when other notive, because They will see it when you cannot!

Ex. c my pic, until i saw these side by side, I didnt think I was losing anything

I agree with taking measurements and pictures but I don't agree with the reflection never changing. I noticed my changes around the 15-20 lb mark and I definitely see a different reflection in the mirror now. :flowerforyou:
  • nascent
    nascent Posts: 28
    Options
    It could also just be your perception because you see yourself constantly. I lost 30lb and honestly didn't see any difference, but people starting telling me I was looking slim without knowing I was trying anything, so obviously it was noticeable, I just couldn't see it myself...