myfitness subtraction.

Options
MFP has me totaling lower than the number I have lost, why? Initial weight minus current weight would be total lost right?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    MFP rounds to the nearest whole number. As soon as it ticks over .5, it goes to the next number. For example, it had me as having lost 10kg when I got to 9.6kg lost.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    bfit2017 wrote: »
    MFP has me totaling lower than the number I have lost, why? Initial weight minus current weight would be total lost right?

It did that to me one day. I had lost about 26lbs and it said 18lbs. I logged out and back in and it fixed itself.
  • bfit2017
    bfit2017 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay my mine would be 15 loss and it says 11.5? Like a solid 15. Just so weird.
  • bfit2017
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »

It did that to me one day. I had lost about 26lbs and it said 18lbs. I logged out and back in and it fixed itself.

I'll try that thanks. It is just annoying haha I lost it, I swear.... I was telling my phone earlier.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I know. I was mad too, lol.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Is this not your first rodeo? You may need to adjust your start weight.
  • bfit2017
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Is this not your first rodeo? You may need to adjust your start weight.

What do you mean by that? My starting weight is the weight I started at - which is 15 greater than the weight I entered yesterday. But MFP told me it was only an 11.5 loss which is not true. It computed the two numbers wrong. (But I entered them right) I logged back in like mentioned above and it fix it.