50 years and older group

Options
2»

Replies

• txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 56, diabetic and need to lose this weight. I'm short (5'2"), very round and just have that oversized mid-section, with the skinny chicken legs and flappy arms. For the past two years, I manage to lose about 15 lbs from where I started, but my motivation comes and goes. Just moved from an area with great parks/ sidewalks, lots of activities in Central Texas to the Eastern part of Texas in a small country town, with hardly any sidewalks, one park, and not a lot of activities. It was a move I made for my hubby, so he could have a better job. I didn't know how good I once had it in Central Texas.. and like everything else, I didn't utilize it as I should have. Now I know what I miss. Today was a beautiful sunny day, a bit cool, and I got brave enough to hit this small park behind the high school, by myself, and take a walk on the long sidewalk there that winds around part of it... I went around it four times , for about 30-40 minutes. I didn't have a pedometer, but I wished I had to know the length of it. I will need to get one for next time. Today is when I told myself to get my *kitten* in gear instead of being cooped up in the house. I've been in this new area since September and I am gaining weight. I am determined not to get over that 200 mark again. However, I need motivation, not to pig out on the wrong foods, to get that exercise in, and since I haven't made many friends here who are home during the week, who like to be active, I guess I just need cyber support. Anyone want to be friends? Thanks.
  • babsandi
    babsandi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and am having a hard time but not giving up. Friends anyone
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I weighed in today and found I lost 2 pounds this week! Yay me! You all are doing great! Keep moving , keep watching those calories! We can do this! Keep enjoying the beautiful outdoors txlady. You got it going on!
    Keep checking back!

Wendy fr. TN.
  • 1idd
    1idd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job Wendy! Tx- keep it up!! Not always easy, but keep looking forward
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..I am 57 and weighed in at 308# on Feb 29th. I knew I had to do something drastic. I found this site and it's been a great weigh (pun) to track my calorie intake. I am mainly doing cardio for exercise until I drop weight..then perhaps will add weights to my routine..so far..I have dropped 15.6 pounds in 3 weeks. Anyone..feel free to add me if you like. Kenn
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    52 and been doing fitness since '83. It's NEVER too late.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png