Dream jeans!

Options
chupajen
chupajen Posts: 33 Member
Years ago when I first started calorie counting and exerciseing, I would buy "dream jeans" every couple of months. Ideally, these are jeans/pants in a smaller size, its what I used instead of a scale to see my progress. Over the past few years, i had gotten pregnant, became a stay at home mom, and lost track of everything, gaining alot of weight in the meanwhile. Recently found my way back here, and started back at it. Recieved a pair of "dream jeans/shorts" in the mail today, i planned on fitting in this spring for family vacation. It appears I will need to buy a new pair, as my dream jeans are now reality jeans. Oh how I've missed this feeling. Its nice to be able to feel the difference. Just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

Replies

• chanon33
    chanon33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go on making the dream a reality!!! Good luck on the new dream!
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is how I decided to "reward" myself. When I was young and not as fat, I loved wearing jeans. So now that I am on the road to a different type of lifestyle, I have chosen to buy a few smaller pairs as motivation to fit into them. I fit into my first pair about a month ago. I was so excited. It was still a little tight, but I haven't tried them recently.

It is so wonderful to find a non-food reward that makes you feel great huh?
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!! Congrats on fitting in your first pair!!
  • chupajen
    chupajen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Im looking forward to the next pair.
  • mfpgal14
    mfpgal14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Going to deffinetly try this out!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great idea everyone needs rewards
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great work. I may try this myself :-)
  • Txgal555
    Txgal555 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have turned my first dream jeans to reality two days ago <3
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What a fabulous story.
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great story! And a great way to keep the motivation going! :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Lovely and an excellent idea :-)
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I LOVE jeans NSV's!!
  • minniesb69
    minniesb69 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    chupajen wrote: »
    Years ago when I first started calorie counting and exerciseing, I would buy "dream jeans" every couple of months. Ideally, these are jeans/pants in a smaller size, its what I used instead of a scale to see my progress. Over the past few years, i had gotten pregnant, became a stay at home mom, and lost track of everything, gaining alot of weight in the meanwhile. Recently found my way back here, and started back at it. Recieved a pair of "dream jeans/shorts" in the mail today, i planned on fitting in this spring for family vacation. It appears I will need to buy a new pair, as my dream jeans are now reality jeans. Oh how I've missed this feeling. Its nice to be able to feel the difference. Just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

Great job! I have 2 pairs of jeans in the back of my closet waiting for me to fit them again. One pair is pre pregnancy and the one is from my first weight loss success that ended up as a failure.
    Definitely a great motivator. It'll be cool if you can update :)
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh yes... I do this too! I'm just about ready to fit into my fourth pair of dream jeans!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! fitting into old jeans has always been a huge motivation for me!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I know how fabulous you feel! I have been buying the same jeans and have gone down two sizes and am very nearly in my ultimate goal jeans. I never thought I would be able to wear UK size 10 super skinny jeans! I used to wear size 16 baggy jeans! You need to order those dream jeans ASAP because you will probably need them soon X
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a pair to. Size 18 silver jeans. I couldn't even get them over my hips at Christmas. Last month they fit. And now they are a little bit saggy. I need a new pair of dream jeans. Size 14? ; )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!