Could use a bit of encouragement

Options
I've been doing terribly. I wish I had strength. I used to do far better.

Replies

• Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's OK to have slip ups. It's all part of learning what works for YOU! The best thing you can do when you feel you're not doing as well as you could is turn it into a positive and try to figure out a way to learn from the situation. Like if you find yourself eating something higher calorie or a treat type food and going over daily cals... Next time either: eat less of it, plan on eating a bit less at another meal, try to find a lower cal substitute, etc. That's what has helped me so far, to turn a bad into a good. I used to feel so out of control "dieting" id feel like i ruined a whole day, week whatever and just give up. That's what I love about knowing my calories, if I slip up I can see how bad and correct it/not do that again/do it differently next time.
    And above all else just get back on the wagon the next day/meal. Nobody's perfect! Learn from it and move on!
  • dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Find a way to refocus, forgive yourself, and keep going.
  • dacpanr
    dacpanr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't regret the decisions you make. Reset the next day and learn from it and move forward. Always focus on your goals and commit. It's ok to have a cheat day. Just moderate it.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yep. Reset .. Reset.. Reset. Do it every morning, no matter how badly the day before went. Eventually you'll get back on track.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody ❤
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yes, the best advice appears above - its in the past, you cant change the past, so move on. But please dont let yourself be hypercritical of your past behaviour - its only going to be self defeating - you are not terrible for being human, and it is not helpful to beat yourself up about it. New day, new opportunities - seize them!