Stop the fear of food

I was always a bigger girl growing up and I lost 130 in a year watching what I ate and exercising but now I am gaining it back, having a healthy lifestyle when your surrounded by unhealthy people and food is hard. So far I'm 134 sense I gained 15 pounds during the holidays, I am trying to not give in to temptation of over eating out of comfort and boredom.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Are you exercising less? I'm not prone to emotional eating when I get regular exercise.
  • alexinagiguere1993
    alexinagiguere1993 Posts: 4 Member
    I exercise regularly plus I'm a PSW in a nursing home so I'm on my feet 8hours a days as well. I have been doing good lately but as soon as I start eating it's hard to just stop. I do good for a bit then like once a week I give in. Sometimes more then once a week.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Are you logging everything? It's really important to log regularly. That way you can be conscious of what you're eating. Eating on auto-pilot can be lethal.
  • alexinagiguere1993
    I have been. I'm getting better. I just find its my hardest struggle....resist resist ! It's cause I'm surrounded by free food all the time. I try to keep in mind that I don't need it :) I'm doing good so far
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I'm curious about your choice in subject title since your post doesn't appear to be about food fear.

I think one of the hard things about maintaining a loss is the lack of a goal. Until you reach your weight loss goal, you have that goal to work toward. It's easy to lose focus when you goal is "stay the same". Have you considered setting a fitness goal (walk X steps per day, run a 5k, increase amount you can lift/squat/etc., increase speed, etc.)?
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2016
    For me, it's all about identifying my trigger foods. I recently made the mistake of buying "whole wheat" tortillas, and ended up eating the last half the package in one day, which was five tortillas. Once again proving that I shouldn't buy products made from flour and other processed cereal grains. And it was completely unnecessary, since I can get all the nutrients I need from meat and vegetables. I have never, ever binged on chicken and green beans. So I know I just need to commit myself to keeping the right kinds of food in my life, and staying away from things that I know will trigger a binge. It's the "comfort foods" that get you. I don't overeat as long as I stay away from foods that trigger me to overeat.
  • alexinagiguere1993
    That makes sense. I find in good all day it's the evening that I start to crave something.
  • dacpanr
    dacpanr Posts: 7 Member
    If you crave something you can drink water and forget about it or if it's a cheat day, then sure have it. Just moderate your consumption