Just starting... Looking to lose 65lbs! Add me :)

Options
Hello... Name is Megan. I'm not completely new, but could use some more people to help me along with this journey! Got rid of my old profile since my name changed and just started on this profile Thursday of last week.

Current Weight: 216.4
Goal Weight: 150lbs
Total Weight Loss: About 65lbs
Height: 5'6"

Weight Loss Interests: Biking, Swimming, and Hiking...
Other Interests: Reading! I love, love, love reading! Watching my shows like...The Walking Dead, The Flash, Arrow, Fear the Walking Dead... Among others.

I suffer from PCOS and Lupus so losing weight has been difficult for me. I work a desk job 50hrs a week and have a crappy schedule of 6pm-245am, which messes with my normal eating and sleeping schedule. I always manage to lose about 10lbs and then get stuck... No matter what I do I can never get past it. I've tried working out more, fasting for a day, and I've stopped drinking soda completely.

I could use some motivation so that when I get to that point again I won't quit!

ADD ME! :)

Replies

• RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...I work 7p to 7a...hence why I am on the computer at 230 in the morning. I have put on a lot of weight working an overnight shift. Seriously very sad and I work in the ER, we are constantly moving...but some how I gain weight...ugh!
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I gained 30lbs in the first year I worked at my current job... Before that I worked retail and was always running around, which I guess is why I kept off the weight... Made me completely depressed, but my husband and I are motivated to getting healthier so I am starting here!
  • RR0817
    Options
    Well that's good that you have each other for motivation....my boyfriend is skinny and has a great body....I consistently remind him that he sucks at life. It does no good that still doesn't make me feel better :smile: He however (when he's not flaunting the fact that he can eat half a grocery store and gain NOTHING) is a great support system for me so I don't hold it against him too much!
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Lol my husband was in the airforce and when we first met we were both in great shape. Weve both let ourselves go a bit. Now its a race to see who will look better first lmao
  • RR0817
    Options
    The man will always lose weight quicker...my bf and I would go to the gym every day, do almost the same exercises (I would run and he would do the elliptical), we ate very similar and he would always tone up before I would....A complete load of hooey...
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My mom had a form of Lupus so I've witnessed firsthand of what it's like. Keep your chin up! You can do it! Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • RoxiM2016
    RoxiM2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi im new here, so not sure how to add you. Im starting today also. Good luck on your journey. My husband is also trying to lose weight he, used to be in the navy. Since leaving even tho he works all hours god sends on a building site..he just seems to gain. So we are motivating each other. Nice to have someone to pick you up when your struggling x