starbucks

Options
I am obsessed with Starbucks, probably drink it way too much. What are some good healthy options other than iced coffee or skinny lattes??

Replies

• brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I mostly just get the iced teas (Green) without the water and without sweetener. I've also found that their cold brew coffee in a tall/grande size will give me my caffeine fix for the whole rest of the day.

• callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Cold brew is great! I have mine with either soy or coconut milk.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Cool lime refresher. Caffeinated juice with about the same calories as a skinny iced latte.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If I'm going for no calories I like the iced passion tea, unsweetened. It's really quite tasty and I much prefer over skinny lattes, sugar free syrups taste bad to me.
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sugar free syrups taste bad (especially the chocolate!). I get a nonfat iced latte, completely plain and add sugar. Or, I a grande nonfat iced caramel latte with half the syrup (or just deal with the regular amount of syrup). This is slightly less sugar than a caramel macchiato. If I really want full taste, I'll order a short flavored latte with 2%, or a short caramel macchiato.

If you love a particular flavor, you can get a cup of hot coffee with one pump of whatever flavor. Cappuccino or flat white is great if you love good coffee flavor. They're generally made with whole milk so specify which milk you want.

I'd rather eat calories, so I often get iced coffee with a petite vanilla scone or shortbread cookies/fingers.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Water?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    mivey04 wrote: »
    I am obsessed with Starbucks, probably drink it way too much. What are some good healthy options other than iced coffee or skinny lattes??

Hot coffee. ;)

But stay away from the Pike - it tastes burnt to me.
  • mkraizel
    mkraizel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get a grande nonfat latte which is 130 calories. I'll add 1 pump of syrup too if I want something different for another 50 calories. I only get it once in awhile so I plan for the extra 180 calories.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I get an iced Americano with room for milk. It's basically espresso with water, then I add a small amount of 2% milk and a sugar. The espresso tastes better to me than their brewed coffee, especially iced, and I am not a huge fan of really sweet drinks.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Venti Americano -- 25 calories. I too prefer the taste of their espresso to their brewed coffee.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Starbucks iced teas. My favorite is the iced black tea, unsweetened and no water. The passion tea is very good as well, also unsweetened. Both drinks are zero calories.

If I'm craving something creamy, I'll get a nonfat latte (130 calories) or sometimes if I have room I'll opt for a tall nonfat no whip hot cocoa (210 calories).
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had a sparkling passion tango tea with lemonade the other day and it was delicious!
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, small, no sugar or cream.
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually a coffee person but I like the flat white. With nonfat milk the tall is only 100 calories. I also like their teas (either hot or iced) either unsweetened, or with two packets of sugar.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    epeart11 wrote: »
    Black coffee, small, no sugar or cream.
    Yup this but giant not small.... I need the potassium.