I can't think of a good title...

Options
...but here goes!

My name is Valerie. I am 32 years old and a mother of 2 (5 & 2). For me, it was a couple back-to-back bad relationships and chronic pain after the birth of my 1st of 2. I was in great health at one point. It feels like a lifetime ago. There is over a decade of my life that feels like its completely missing - I hate pictures, don't like getting done up and going out. I have struggled greatly with anxiety and depression and am still struggling. I was doing incredibly well about a year and a half ago, having lost over 50 lbs and more importantly feeling strong, finding confidence in myself and feeling amazing in being an active mother. Things were still crumbling around me at that time and I let it all get the best of me. I put back on apx 20 lbs since but the burden of all things seems to weigh much heavier on me than that.

I don't want to say that I'm starting again because it's all one big journey but I am taking small steps to try and improve my current lifestyle and health. The goal is to get to a point where I feel confident, strong and capable. Things that I have allowed to be stripped from me along my journey. I have little to no support from friends/family and feel like this may be the best place for me to reach out.

I love music, my collection is random but my default is R&B/hip-hop/rap.
I am an action move type. Marvel? YES PLEASE!
I have a solid sense of humor. A life without laughter is no life at all.
I love sports. Hockey takes my heart but basketball is my sidepiece. I'll skip a rom-com for the big game and a beer ANY day.
Currently doing some soul searching. I am gravitating towards Buddhist teachings.
I say bad words...often. I'm working on that. :)

Add me, message me, comment...

If I sound like your kind of people, lets help each other out.

Replies

• verifiedvalerie
    verifiedvalerie Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Still accepting new fabulous people if anyone needs a friend! :)
  • catalinaromera
    catalinaromera Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Me! I love helping friends!

I'm Catalina, a 22 year old college student who's totally ready to graduate and leave behind the crazy late nights of studying and empty wallet for the adult life. Mostly ready to shed the freshman...40

062387 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me. I think I can help you out a little. I have a little 4 yr old so i know how hard it can be
  • Rotti548
    Rotti548 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • gaby2321
    gaby2321 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Add me :)
  • laffytaffkidd
    laffytaffkidd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. I just started too! I'm trying to lose my belly fat and it's kind of rough working at a desk job the entire day.
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've list about 20lbs so far and still have way too much to go lol. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • verifiedvalerie
    Options
    :)
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Hey Val :) Feel free to add
  • verifiedvalerie
    Options
    The more the merrier. <3