Milk + Milo/Ovaltine or Milk + Protein Poweder

Options
sha_man029
sha_man029 Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've started dieting since December and lost around 12kg so far.
However, recently it seems that my calories intake is less than it's supposed to be. Sometimes it goes below 1200 and I feel really full. Because of this, I snack on some junk food and drink an extra glass of milk + some chocolate powder (e.g. Milo, Ovaltine, etc.).

These chocolate powders seems to contain around 75% sugar. So I'm thinking if it's worth replacing them with chocolate flavoured whey powder ?

In my country, Milo/Ovaltine cost around $10 per Kg while Whey protein powder cost around $ 50 per Kg.

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    If you need the extra protein in your daily diet then the addition of a protein powder may be one way to go about that - If you are worried about the cost then protein powders can be cheaper than meat 9 per g of protein) but are usually more expensive than eggs.

If you don't need the protein then there is not a problem in the Milk + Milo/Ovaltine (which will also contain some protein).

But, I am concerned that you are occasionally struggling to meet 1200.
  • sha_man029
    sha_man029 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    But, I am concerned that you are occasionally struggling to meet 1200.

Thanks for the input :)

It has happened like 2 or 3 times during the last 3 weeks, and it was only because I was eating a lot of veggies on those days and felt really full. So I couldn't eat more, and when I used the app, it said I ate under the 1200 cal.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Good work. Strive for health. :)
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    coconut water. leaves no taste in shake, adds electrolytes and makes it smooth! lower in fat carbs and calories.