Over 100 down and it's still a struggle every day (very long)

Options

Replies

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've started my third year on here and everything you've written resonates. Thanks for such a motivating post! I feel like I need to share this with everyone I know on the same journey.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational post--I'm glad you wrote it. You look GREAT.
  • bumblebeecone
    bumblebeecone Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that ,it was a true blessing and just. What I needrr
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Kudos and thank you for sharing!
    Love Dorie! "Just keep swimming..." has been my mantra through some very challenging life changes and its perfect for weight challenges as well!
    I know you will get to those last 20.
    :) This was a great thing to read to start my day!
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing the post and sharing your journey, you should be very proud of yourself.. you are an inspiration for sure :)
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your fantastic success!
    I have one question, you sound as if tracking your food intake is easy, even on your vacations you mention you keep on tracking. To me that is the hardest part, at home I try to do my best to weigh my food, but still on a busy morning or a tired me at dinner easily gives up. How do you manage, just eyeballing or a very strict scale usage?
  • Ketotaz
    Ketotaz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have done awesome! thank you for sharing :)
  • loreli1977
    loreli1977 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today
    You have NO IDEA!!!!!
    Thank you for your honesty and good luck with that last 20!!!!!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I so agree with this. I have been maintaining for two years after losing a ton of weight. It is still a struggle every single day. Don't get me wrong, its worth it, but it is such a daily balancing act to eat the correct amount of calories to keep my weight the same. It can get a little old, but I know I must be vigilant or it will sneak right back on.
  • Gturner81
    Gturner81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    With an outlook like this, I know you'll reach your final goal soon! Ive lost 135 with 15 left.

How long did it take you to lose the weight and how?

• ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Very encouraging and inspiring ☺️
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    One of the best posts on MFP that I have ever read.
    There is so much in your story that mirrors my own. 4 years on MFP. 160 pounds lost. Maintenance over 2 years. A struggle every day. My work biometric screening passed all bio markers for the first time this past fall. There is no room for complacency in this daily struggle for me. It is not something that you accomplish and then never think about it again. It truly is something I will always struggle with.

Your message will be an inspiration to so many! Thanks for posting this. Continued success to you!
  • Adphillips9
    Adphillips9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm sitting here with a non moving scale (likely due to a weekend of not staying in my limits), and reading your post is keeping my motivation going today.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and maintenance!

Your post was like you read my mind and put in on MFP. I too cycle on/off with exercise and eating well. I've maintained for two years and been struggling for the last two years to move past 170. My goal is 155ish. The most frustrating part is I know how to do all the right things to make the weight come off, but for some reason right now I can't seem to motivate myself to do these things!

I wish you the best in moving forward on that last 20 pounds! :)
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great post - thank you for sharing.
  • adpage444
    adpage444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for your honesty. I am inspired. I know I can do this. :smiley:
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is just perfect <3 Thank you for sharing!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Congratulations on all you have achieved!
  • elinor32
    elinor32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. So, so much.

I loved this part of your post most of all:

"I get bored with the gym. I get bored walking the same trails. Some days I just want to sit at home in front of the TV and do nothing! I exercise in cycles. Some times I'm great at it and other times I'm not and that's OK. It took me a while, but I learned that exercise and weight loss are not conjoined. I now exercise for fitness and eat for weight loss. I do feel better - healthier, happier and more motivated - when I exercise, so I do try to exercise more often than I don't.

Plateaus are hard and frustrating and I hit them often. I'm in one now! I can go MONTHS at the same weight and I want to scream at the scale and throw it across the room every morning it doesn't move but giving up and going back to my old habits would not solve a thing so I suck it up and keep plugging on."

Thank you for giving me exactly what I needed to hear today. You can definitely hit your goals - but you didn't need me to say it ! I'm rooting for you. <3
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you all so much for your support and kind words! I am overwhelmed! As I said yesterday, I started this post because *I* needed to say the words and hear them myself. I never expected the reaction I've received. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would read the post because it was so long! I am truly touched.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!