Depression

Options
Hi. New to allof this. Having trouble staying motivated. I am feeling depressed, I figured out my BMI and it shocked me.

Replies

• saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It'll be OK. Facing the cold, hard facts is the first step to doing something to change them.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The beginning is always the hardest. Push through and you'll make it.
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Definitely right there with you, but having been here before, there is a better side to things once you start making changes for you.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    getting out and doing stuff can help alleviate some of the issues.
    having clinical depression, sometimes, i literally roll out of bed to get going. sometimes, i wear workout clothes to bed so i can have one less excuse not to go exercise
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issues. My depression has gotten really bad because of stress and health issues. I have a lot of stomach problems and the pain, nausea, and bloating is a lot to deal with. I feel like it is hard to stay healthy and energized because of it. But I know if I do, it will make me feel better. I want to be better. I feel like for me the only way to battle depression is to go non stop all day every day till I pass out. If I take time to sit and relax, I get stuck there.
  • lcarlon1
    lcarlon1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy a new workout outfit! That helps me strangely. Or I try out a new grocery store or healthy recipe. You got this! It's worth it. Summer will be coming!
  • nelcyn2001
    nelcyn2001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issues. My depression has gotten really bad because of stress and health issues. I have a lot of stomach problems and the pain, nausea, and bloating is a lot to deal with. I feel like it is hard to stay healthy and energized because of it. But I know if I do, it will make me feel better. I want to be better. I feel like for me the only way to battle depression is to go non stop all day every day till I pass out. If I take time to sit and relax, I get stuck there.

• nelcyn2001
    nelcyn2001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its a lot of change. I quit doing all the bad, almost six months not smoking. I quit alcohol and really cut back on diet coke. I totally changed my diet And I am feeling good enough for some physical activities. But for some reason I feel sad a lot. I know that just getting out the door moving helps. And nice to be part of this community. That helps. So thank you.