Any rock and roll lovers? Why is it so hard to make friends?

Options
Music is very important to me. If you listen to lil Wayne or Nikki manaj we can't be friends. I can't seem to find any classic rock lovers :(

Replies

• LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am. You can be my friend.
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Rock n roll is a pretty broad genre, but let's see… yesterday I was listening to Lou Reed and Everclear. Too old, esoteric, alternative? Today will probably be The Who and Velvet Underground (I'm going through some kind of phase, apparently). You can add me if you like.
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends what you class as rock n roll . I love music from the 1950/60s all the way through classic rock and up to modern rock/alternative music.
    You can add me if you like.
  • Rinai
    Rinai Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I listen to tons of rock but I also listen to things like nicki. I guess we can be half friends.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I listen to anything with a melody and a beat. Sadly, that leaves out most rap/hip-hop. Even if I find the lyrics inspiring (rare), beat-only "music" gives me a headache. My rock grooves are the Eagles, Styx, Kansas, Boston, Rush, and in bad moods Alice Cooper. :)
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The world is big enough for Nikki Sixx and Nikki Minaj. Stop putting limits on what other people like as some random friend qualifying trait.
  • michaeljscully
    michaeljscully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a fan. I'm actually recording an album now that's based on a lot of my favorite classic rock - Elton John, Alice Cooper, Queen, etc.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Music is very important to me. If you listen to lil Wayne or Nikki manaj we can't be friends. I can't seem to find any classic rock lovers :(

So...do you and your MFP "friends" listen to much music together? Also, you've been on MFP for 19 days and made two posts? Methinks you need to try harder to find these people. :) Like maybe classic rock concerts.
  • Sporttster
    Sporttster Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You kidding me? lol....Hair Nation, baby! Since the early 80's on I've listened to VH, Dokken, Ratt, Heart, Poison, Styx, Def Leppard, Journey, Extreme, Great White, Cinderella, Y&T, Motley Crue, Bullet Boys, Winger,Skid Row, Warrant on and on. Love it all. I cannot in the least tolerate rap. But I'm a 80's rocker that even played drums in a rock band. There's plenty of us out there....
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like death and symphonic metal as well as cheesy 80's hair metal
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I too only like people who agree with me about all things.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I too only like people who agree with me about all things.

This. This is why kids don't get along with their parents. "Stop liking Cher dad!"
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Define "Classic rock". Jefferson Airplane? The Beetles?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!! They're not bugs, they're hipsters. *snap*

I :heart: Paul

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

207156.jpg?b64lines=IEdyYW5kIEZ1bmsgUmFpbHJvYWQgcGF2ZWQKIHRoZSB3YXkgZm9yIEplZmZlcnNvbgogQWlycGxhbmUgCgoKCgoKd2hpY2ggY2xlYXJlZAogdGhlIHdheSBmb3IgSmVmZmVyc29uCiBTdGFyc2hpcC4=

And I believe you mean The Beatles
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, I am sure that there are plenty of us (depending on what you consider classic rock) baby boomers that love the late 60's and 70's era. It's the music we grew up with. I will love it till the day I die.
    I remember when The Who played 1/2 time at the Super Bowl a few years ago. People said they were getting too old to play that music. TOO OLD? It's their music, they wrote it, who better, or more qualified to play it?

I loved the Beatles when I was 13, but Paul was my least favorite. Ringo all the way.

P.S. Bruce Springsteen still puts on the best concerts. He is a true class act!

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    We are a house that listens to a wide range of music, but our default is what we'd consider classic rock (that of the 60's, 70's). Really, this is the music of our parents, which is probably why it is ingrained into our brains!! Of course, we have to give a shout out to the the Canadian Legends: BTO and the Guess Who.

Fun info: my wife's father grew up in North London and surprise was in a band in the 60's. They lost their local battle of the bands to the Zombie's and Time of the Season. He did spend 3 years touring with Hendrix, Yes, ELP and the Who when they were all in the early stages of their careers....
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm all across the board but my heart belongs to:

Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, John Cougar, and The Eagles

I'm also a major fan of Heart, Jefferson Starship, Boston, Journey, Aerosmith, The Animals, The Who, Steve Miller, Tom Petty...

I'm 29 and own a record player. I can get down with it.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    I listen to anything with a melody and a beat. Sadly, that leaves out most rap/hip-hop. Even if I find the lyrics inspiring (rare), beat-only "music" gives me a headache. My rock grooves are the Eagles, Styx, Kansas, Boston, Rush, and in bad moods Alice Cooper. :)

All of these except the Eagles (sorry). Rush for the win!! The first concert I ever went to with my husband (then, starting-to-be-boyfriend) was Rush - Time Machine Tour 2010.

Add to my list Dream Theater, Black Sabbath (both Ozzy and Dio era, so shoot me), Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Yes, Blue Öyster Cult, Deep Purple, Ghost, Joe Satriani, AC/DC, and I forget who else...