The power of not thinking....

Options
Just wanted to share some learning.
I have been working at the gym with a trainer for a while and it involves getting up at 04:45 so I can train before work ( I hate getting up)
I spent ages listening to the critical inner voice which complains and moans about how tired I am and how I hate training as its hard. However the last week I have consciously turned it off and thrown my energies into focusing on my technique and my sessions.
It's working really well. I'm enjoying my training so much more and I'm much more motivated to go.
I'm hoping this makes sense....

Replies

• saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think I understand what you're saying. It's building a habit. You keep running over the ground at the same place, you're laying down tracks that are easier to follow without thinking. It's great because you don't have to tax your willpower as much. Good job!
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on how much you have to go. Focus on what you've accomplished thus far. Every little victory counts! Every time you wake up early to workout, remember, that's another day you became closer to your goals. Progress is progress, no matter how small